Emily in Paris season two release date is confirmed and the new season looks SO good

Can’t wait to have my favourite trashy mess show back in my life!!

Netflix has confirmed the release date for season two of our ultimate guilty pleasure show, Emily in Paris. It’s not long to wait until Emily Cooper is back on screens, revolutionising the social and PR scene in France, because the new episodes are coming this year – on December 22nd.

So far, we’ve had a fair few preview pictures from the new season, a little teaser video, some new cast members announced and we know a fair bit about what Emily is getting up to this time around. Here’s everything we know about season two of Emily in Paris, ahead of its release on Netflix later this year. Spoiler alert: Her outfits don’t get any better. 👀

Everything we know about season two of Emily in Paris on Netflix

via Netflix

Season two of Emily in Paris will see Emily head off to St Tropez on a vacation with Mindy and Camille

Naturally, because of how amazing Emily Cooper was at her job for Savoir in the first season, this time around she deserves a holiday. Emily is off to St Tropez with her new besties, Mindy and Camille. Think huge mansion parties, yachts and champagne. Not all of this season will be in St Tropez, of course Emily will be working hard in Paris too – a lot of the preview pictures for the new episodes show her back in the capital.

What we all want to know is how to love triangle between Emily, Camille and Gabriel will end. Emily was famously a pretty awful friend in season one, and despite Camille being all welcoming to her in Paris and helping out, Emily thought it best to repay her by sleeping with her then boyfriend, Gabriel. Gabriel and Camille broke up in the finale and it looked like Gabriel was going to move away. His character will be back in the new season, so watch this space!

via Netflix

It’s also been rumoured the triangle could move more towards Emily and Camille, as it has been hinted Camille likes Emily. In an interview with Cosmo, Lucas Bravo (who plays Gabriel) teased the possibility of a queer relationship in the second season. He said the first season has “planted a few seeds about different characters”, adding: “Like Camille, when she kisses Emily on the mouth, and she’s like, ‘I’m not sorry.’ And then when they’re in bed, and I’m liking the picture, it’s all little seeds. Anything could happen between the three of them. I think Darren [Star, the show’s writer] wants this second season to be really open-minded.” In an interview with Vogue, Lily Collins added: “There are tons of little moments where you’re like, ‘Does Camille like Emily?’”

Netflix said of the new season: “Emily’s getting better at navigating the city but still struggling with the idiosyncrasies of French life. After stumbling into a love triangle with her neighbour and her first real French friend, Emily is determined to focus on her work—which is getting more complicated by the day. In French class, she meets a fellow expat who both infuriates and intrigues her.”

Netflix has added some new cast members to our favourite trashy show

Of course, for the girly holiday Lily Collins is back as Emily Cooper, Ashley Park is Mindy and Camille Razat plays Camille. Other returning cast members include Lucas Bravo as Gabriel.

Emily and new character Alfie, via Netflix

Netflix has also added some new cast members, most excitingly being Lucien Laviscount, who joins the show as new character Alfie. Yes, as in hunky Lucien Laviscount who you recognise from Waterloo Road, Grange Hill and Scream Queens. Alfie is a 30-year-old London boy, who “refuses to speak French or immerse himself in French culture.” He works for a UK bank, but is much more of a party boy than a work boy. Jeremy O. Harris joins as Gregory Elliott Dupree, “an iconic fashion designer and former protégé of Pierre Cadault. Pierre and Gregory were close, until Gregory’s unexpected and dramatic exit from the atelier left them bitter rivals.”

Watch the teaser for Emily in Paris season two on Netflix here:

Season two of Emily in Paris will be available on Netflix from December 22nd. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.