Sex Education love lives: A deep dive into who the cast are dating in real life

I’d appreciate it if they were all single, because I’d like to marry them all

It’s ok to admit that you’re obsessed with the cast of Sex Education. We’ve seen them all at their most intimate on the show, and developed a deep love for each of their characters – so having an interest in what they’re all like in real life is only natural. So, one of the things you might want to know about them is the ins and outs of the love lives of the Sex Education cast.

Is Asa Butterfield as unlucky in love as Otis is? Can I marry Ruby? Or Eric? Or any of them to be honest, I could picture myself settling down happily with every single cast member. So here’s everything we know about the love lives of the cast of Sex Education on Netflix. Sorry in advance if your fave is taken. A tough pill to swallow.

Asa Butterfield

Current relationship status: Single

The love lives of the cast of Sex Education on Netflix and who they are dating in real life

via Instagram @asabopp

It’s is believed that Asa Butterfield, who plays Otis, is currently single. He was previously with his former co-star, Ella Purnell, who he starred alongside and met whilst filming movie Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.

Emma Mackey

Current relationship status: Single

via Instagram @danwhitlam

Emma was previously dating British actor and poet, Dan Whitlam. The pair were together when Sex Education first aired on Netflix. However, they haven’t posted together since 2019 – so it is thought they may have split.

Aimee Lou Wood and Connor Swindells

Current relationship status: They have broken up, and are both single

via Instagram @aimeelouwood

Let’s get a pretty obvious one out of the way here, not only were Aimee and Connor together onscreen in season one of the show, they also dated after meeting there too. However, the couple have said they broke up last year.

The pair ended their relationship in 2020, and Aimee has now said it was a mutual decision and they remain friends. “We’d had some time apart and then we realised that maybe the relationship wasn’t serving us both,” she said. She confirmed the breakup was amicable, adding: “We still really love each other and respect each other. It was an okay breakup, it wasn’t dramatic.”

The pair had met on the set of Sex Education back in 2018 and are both currently single.

Gillian Anderson

Current relationship status: Divorced

via Instagram @gilliana

Gillian Anderson, who plays Jean Milburn, was in a relationship with screenwriter Peter Morgan, who is the creator of Netflix’s The Crown. In May 2021, it was reported their relationship is over.

Gillian Anderson was also previously married and divorced twice. She married her first husband, Clyde Klotz, who was an assistant art director in the set of X-Files, in 1994 and they split in 1997. They share one child together. She then married second husband, Julian Ozanne, in 2004 and they split in 2007. Anderson then dated businessman Mark Griffiths, who she has two children with.

Ncuti Gatwa

Current relationship status: Single

via Instagram @ncutigatwa

At the moment it appears the actor who plays Eric is currently single. Ncuti seems to keep his dating life very private, but according to Elle Australia, he used to date a girl called Jessica Hardwick.

Mimi Keene

Current relationship status: Single

via Instagram @mimikeene3

Right now, it is believed Mimi Keene, who is Ruby in Sex Education, isn’t dating anyone.

Patricia Allison

Current relationship status: In a relationship

via Instagram @trishallison

Patricia Allison, who plays Ola, is currently in a relationship. She is dating actor, writer and artist Phillip Walsh, who is behind the brand Nihilst. The pair have been together for years, with posts on their Instagrams dating back to 2017.

Tanya Reynolds

via Can Nguyen/Shutterstock

If you aren’t already aware, you might be shocked to know that Tanya Reynolds, who plays Lily, is dating actor Freddie Fox!!! Yes – as in the posh actor who played killer Jeremy Bamber in TV drama White House Farm and is brother of Silent Witness actress Emilia Fox and cousin of Laurence Fox.

They played young couple Thomas and Rebecca in period drama Fanny Lye Deliver’d, and are now girlfriend and boyfriend in real life too!!

Kedar Williams-Stirling

Current relationship status: Single

via Instagram @ncutigatwa

According to reports, the actor who plays Jackson is currently single. Not a lot is known about his private life, and Kedar Williams-Stirling doesn’t have an Instagram account.

Sami Outalbali

Current relationship status: Single

via Instagram @samioutalbali

Just going by his Instagram and reports online, it looks like Sami Outalbali, who plays Rahim, is currently single.

Mikael Persbrandt

Current relationship status: Married

If you’ve dreamt about marrying hunky handyman Jakob Nyman, I’m sorry, because he is actually married in real life. He’s with Swedish journalist Sanna Lundell, and they have been married since 2005. The couple share three children.

Alistair Petrie

Current relationship status: Married

via Instagram @petriealistair

If you’ve also had any fantasies about ex-head teacher Mr Groff, he’s off the table too. He’s married to actress Anna Scott and they have three sons.

Season three of Sex Education is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.