university-clearing-2021-didnt-get-into-uni

These are the unis that will and won’t be offering spaces through clearing 2021

KCL and Leeds Uni aren’t offering clearing spaces

Today is A-Level results day, a day both anticipated and dreaded by students across the UK. As students start to get their results, they will have to contend with the possibility of not being admitted into their first-choice university, but many can choose a course they enjoy even more through the Ucas’s university clearing system 2021.

But this year, many Russell Group universities have already said that they will not be offering places for students through clearing.

Here’s a definitive list of which Russell Group universities are offering places on clearing, and which aren’t, as well as where to find more information about their clearing processes:

King’s College London

Accepting students through clearing?: No

King’s College London announced on its Instagram that the uni will not be offering any places to students via clearing or adjustment on A-level results day 2021.

Commenting on this choice, the university added: “We’ve been able to fill the required places on all our undergraduate courses for 2021 entry. Therefore we will not be entering clearing & adjustment this year.”

University College London

UCL does not enter clearing. However, the university does have a limited number of places available via Ucas adjustment. You can find out more on their website here.

University of Cardiff

Accepting students through clearing?: Yes

The University of Cardiff will be offering places through clearing, although these will be limited.

A Cardiff University spokesperson said: “Cardiff has limited spaces available for high-calibre, well-qualified students. The picture is constantly changing so it is difficult to identify the exact number of vacancies currently available.

“Our message to high-quality students still looking for places is to contact us immediately as the picture is changing minute by minute and our remaining places are in high demand.

“Details of opportunities are listed on the Cardiff University website or by contacting our Clearing Enquiry Centre on 0333 241 2800.”

University of Leeds

The University of Leeds has announced on its website that they “do not have undergraduate vacancies for clearing or adjustment for 2021 entry.”

University of Manchester

The University of Manchester has announced on its website that there are no places available through clearing or adjustment this year. The uni added:” Our courses are in demand, and we have filled all available places. We, therefore, do not have any spaces available via clearing or adjustment.”

University of York

The University of York will be offering places both through early clearing andcClearing. You can find out more on their website here.

University of Exeter

The University of Exeter will be offering places to students for 2021 entry through clearing. You can find more information on their website here.

Imperial College London

Imperial College London does not enter clearing and will not have any places available this year.

Queen Mary University of London

A QMUL spokesperson confirmed that the University will be offering places to students for 2021 entry through Clearing. You can find more information on their website here.

University of Edinburgh

Accepting students through clearing: No

The University of Edinburgh has announced on its website that they  “do not have any undergraduate vacancies for clearing or adjustment for 2021 entry.”

University of Southampton

A University of Southampton spokesperson has confirmed that the University will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing. You can find out more on their website here.

University of Warwick

The University of Warwick is offering a limited number of places through clearing this year. You can find out more on their website here.

University of Newcastle

The University of Newcastle will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing.

Emma Reay, Director of Recruitment and Admissions at Newcastle University, said: “We anticipate that we’ll have a range of courses in clearing and adjustment, so if you’re a student who doesn’t currently hold a Newcastle University offer and you’ve achieved good exam results then contact us about possible courses.

You can call up Newcastle’s clearing line today or go to their website to find out what places are available.

University of Liverpool

The University of Liverpool will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing this year to a “small number of students.” Interested students can register in the University’s Clearing Vacancy Service here.

A University of Liverpool spokesperson said: “The number of courses the University of Liverpool has in clearing at this stage is very similar to last year. However, the figure may appear slightly high because of the significant number of course combinations we offer students including those for new courses.

“The University of Liverpool will be in clearing for a small number of high-quality candidates in a range of subjects but we are unable to be more specific at this stage until results day when we will know exactly which courses might have spaces available.

“Students can register interest in our Clearing Vacancy Service via this link. The University of Liverpool offers a huge variety of course combinations through its Honours Select programme and we display all of the combinations available which other providers might not specify until after students have enrolled.”

“We know that significant numbers of highly talented students enter clearing, including those who have achieved better exams results than predicted and an increasing number who choose to apply later in the cycle during clearing.”

Durham University

Durham University will not be offering places through clearing for 2021 entry.

London School of Economics & Political Science

LSE does not enter clearing and will not have any places available this year.

University of Nottingham

The University of Nottingham will be offering places for 2021 entry both through clearing and early clearing. You can find more information on their website here.

A University of Nottingham spokesperson said: “There’s information available on our web pages here, including early clearing, as well as a telephone number for students to call if they have questions about their current offer. They can also sign up for email alerts for their preferred courses.”

Queen’s University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing this year.

A Queen’s University Belfast spokesperson said: “This can be a difficult time for students and Queen’s University has measures in place to ensure that we offer them as much support as possible.

“We will list all clearing vacancies on our website so that students have a full picture of the options available to them. We also have full details on our processes available on our website and will operate a hotline from 10th August designed to support students as they find their way through the admissions process.”

University of Sheffield

The University of Sheffield will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing this year.

Dan Barcroft, Director of Student Recruitment, Marketing and Admissions at the University of Sheffield, said: “We are looking forward to welcoming students back to our vibrant campus for face-to-face teaching, it has been an exceptionally challenging year for school leavers, who have worked incredibly hard in difficult circumstances. We want to do all we can to support students who are elated with their results, as well as those who may be disappointed.”

“We are being as flexible as we can and are making more places available where possible and can discuss options available with students. As a responsible recruiter, we think it is really important for students to have all the information they need and take their time to pick a course and university which is right for them.

University of Oxford

Oxford University does not participate in clearing or adjustment.

University of Cambridge

The University of Cambridge does not enter clearing.

University of Birmingham

The University of Birmingham will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing this year. You can find out more on their website here.

University of Bristol

The University of Bristol won’t be offering places through clearing this year. You can find out more on their website here.

University of Glasgow

The University of Glasgow will be offering places for 2021 entry through clearing this year. You can find out more on their website here.

Further information about UCAS clearing processes can be found on their website here.