Meet Priya: 23-year-old medical student and new Love Island 2021 bombshell

Her celebrity crush is… Boris Johnson

Love Island has been really kicking off in the last week or so, with Casa Amor and the fallout, the Teddy and Faye drama and couples arguing and recoupling all over the place. And there are no signs of the it slowing down, as we are about to get two new Love Island bombshells in the villa – Priya and Aaron.

Ahead of her being announced officially as a contestant, a TV source told MailOnline: “Priya will turn heads for sure. She’s beautiful, intelligent and has a heart of gold. The guys will be scrambling over her if she gets the nod.” Here’s everything you need to know about the latest Love Island 2021 bombshell, Priya Gopaldas.

Priya in her Love Island promo shoot, via ITV

New Love Island bombshell Priya is 23 and from London

Priya Gopaldas is 23-years-old and from London. When asked why she signed up for Love Island, she said: “I thought it was a challenge, it’s something different. I’m single and I’m looking for love and I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to take me out of my comfort zone. I’m nearing the end of medical school so I’ve got my career on track, but now I just need a man!”

Meet new Love Island 2021 bombshell arrival Priya Gopaldas, including her Instagram, age, job and work as medical student

via Instagram @priyagopaldas

Priya went to an all-girls school and played netball, which she has said made her a very competitive person. “I’m ready for the Love Island villa in terms of competition,” she said.

Priya says she will bring intelligence and witty humour to the Love Island 2021 villa

Priya has said that she will bring “a little bit of intelligence and maybe some witty humour” to the the villa, saying she will also add “some great medical chat and a little bit of weirdness”. When asked how her friends and family would describe her, she said: “I think they would say I’m overconfident. My go-to dates are always different so there are a couple of places that my friends have been like, ‘As if you would go on a date there’. One of the places is a restaurant where they have insects for dessert. I want someone who is confident in themselves and is able to take themselves out of their comfort zone and do something new every day.”

via Instagram @priyagopaldas

She’s currently a medical student and helped in ICU during the pandemic

Priya is currently a fifth year at UCL, studying medicine and surgery. According to her LinkedIn, she has been working on placement as a student nurse at University College London Hospitals Trust since January. Speaking to ITV, Priya added that it’s six years until she will qualify as a doctor, and her goal is to be an orthopaedic surgeon, working with muscles and bones. “There aren’t enough women in that area of surgery,” she said. “I feel like I’d like to go head first into that area and be a representative for women who think orthopaedic surgery is male dominated. More women need to be exposed to it and realise they can do it.”

She added: “I feel like this year in particular has been so intense because of Covid. Our studies were interrupted midway and we were all told if we wanted to we could help out during the pandemic so I was working in ICU for the whole of February. You would come back after every shift exhausted so there definitely wasn’t any time for dating or relationships. The NHS has been really tough in the ICU with the long hours, but I find it so rewarding and it’s made me really resilient. Being here is good for me because it’s something absolutely different to my job.”

via Instagram @priyagopaldas

In the Love Island villa, Priya says she has her eyes on a few of the boys

Priya said that Matthew is her type in the villa, because he’s tall, seems intelligent and she loves an Irish accent. She also said Teddy “seems really cheeky and a good laugh” and Dale is “spicy and attractive!” Interesting. 👀

Priya says her celebrity crush is Boris Johnson

Each to their own, but Priya’s celebrity crush is none other than the Prime Minister himself, Boris Johnson. “I have a soft spot for him,” she admitted. “It’s the confidence but he is a total sweetheart on the inside and that’s what I like in a boy. He’s the Prime Minister, very driven but then on the inside he’s a cuddly bear. I also love his blonde hair, that does it for me!”

via Instagram @priyagopaldas

Priya has nearly 18k followers on Instagram

At the time of publishing, Priya had 17.9k Instagram followers. On her profile she shares that she is a keen runner and has completed 50km ultra-marathons, which she told ITV is one of her passions. She also shares pictures from her work in hospitals and her medical career. The rest of her photos are a lot of selfies, holiday pictures and her out having meals and drinks.

Her handle is @priyagopaldas.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.