Danny from Love Island has apologised for using a racial slur before he went into the villa

He has promised to never use the slur again

Dumped Love Island contestant Danny Bibby has apologised for using a racial slur on Instagram.

After comments of Danny using the n-word, made in 2019, surfaced when he entered the villa, Ofcom was hit with over 1,500 complaints.

In a new Instagram apology, he said he’s: “learned a very valuable lesson” from his experience. He also added that he apologised in the villa but is glad he can address it properly on Instagram.

Under the photo of himself, he wrote: “Hello everyone, I am finally home safe and sound and back with my friends and family and more importantly my cat Ruffin. Whilst I would have liked to stay a little longer so people could have got to know the real Danny Bibby, I am glad to be back so I can address the matter of the post on Instagram properly.”

Danny continued to say he was made aware of his past and issued an apology in the villa, “the matter has always been on the front of my mind during the days in there and I would like to now add to what was said.” He went on to explain he had seen the backlash over his post, said he’s sorry for using the slur and that he wasn’t aware it would have caused offence in the way that he’d written it.

Danny’s comment has since been removed from Instagram

He added: “After seeing all the comments and reaction to the post, I understand more that the use of the word, even in the way it was written and intended, is deeply offensive to people and I am truly sorry for using that word.

danny

via ITV

“I was always aware that written in the other way was a vile term, and I would never use it. But I was unaware that the way I used it was not. I have listened too the likes of 50cent, drake and Eminem since I was a kid, and I used it like they do as a term of friends/bro/brother.”

He then said he will never use the slur again and explained how education is important to solving problem. He ended his message by saying he wishes to put the incident behind him and get on with living a normal life.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.