Right, we found Chuggs from Love Island’s real name, and it isn’t Chuggs

Because obviously no parent hates their baby enough to call them Chuggs

When “Chuggs” appeared on Love Island as a bombshell, everyone’s first thought was, simply, who the bloody hell calls their child Chuggs? But what actually is Chuggs’ real name?

It’s a ridiculous name. And it couldn’t be a new invention for the show – when The Brookes Tab wrote about his bucket hat business last year, he also went by Chuggs.

But, we’ve discovered that this is not in fact his real name. His real name is Oliver.

Chuggs’ real name is Oliver George Lee Wallis

Records filed on Companies House for Booby Buckets Ltd reveal the sole director is one Oliver George Lee Wallis. Because you wouldn’t go into business as Chuggs, would you?

chuggs love island real name

via Instagram: @chuggswallis

His occupation is listed, hilariously, as “student”. So it’s really only a short leap to conclude that he got the “Chuggs” nickname by downing pints while at Oxford Brookes.

However, the company is so new that it’s not got any accounts to delve into. But judging from the near-million pound house listed as the company’s address, his family are doing alright.

chuggs love island real name

via Instagram: @chuggswallis

You’ve got to be doing alright to have a Land Rovah with your company’s logo on it, haven’t you?

The 23-year-old is keen to make up for time lost to the pandemic while in the villa. “With Covid and the pandemic, I feel like I’ve missed a year of my youth, so I’m really gagging to get it all back – make the most of it,” he said.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.