friends ex partners, lisa kudrow, conan obrien, david schwimmer

Louis Theroux’s cousin to Tina from S Club 7: The dating history of the Friends cast

Chandler and Janis from Mean Girls!?

The Friends cast had a bunch of intertwining relationships on screen – but what are their dating lives like IRL? So, taking a deep dive into the 80s, 90s and beyond, let’s take a closer look at the weird and wonderful dating history of the Friends cast.

Matt LeBlanc

Starting with the man himself, it perhaps comes as no surprise that Joey’s penchant for young attractive partners extends to real life, where Matt LeBlanc has dated an array of familiar faces over the years.

He is currently dating 36-year-old Aurora Mulligan from Liverpool, but his past partners have included actress Kate Hudson and model Melissa McKnight (with whom he shares a daughter). They divorced in 2006.

Jennifer Aniston

Having paved the way as a wildly popular international movie star following Friends, Jennifer Aniston has never found it difficult to pick from a long list of Hollywood bachelors – and there are some seriously famous names on that list.

Everyone is more than aware that she formed a Hollywood golden couple with Brad Pitt, whom she married in 2000. After their divorce five years later in 2005, she then dated John Mayer on and off from 2008 to 2009.

justin theroux and jennifer aniston, friends

He even looks slightly like Louis Theroux

In 2015, she married Justin Theroux (cousin of Louis Theroux) and they bought a huge $22 million house together, before eventually separating in 2017. Other people linked to Jennifer include The OC’s Tate Donovan, Vince Vaughn, and Bradley Cooper.

David Schwimmer

Naturally, with a whole host of incredible roles under his belt, it would be no surprise that David Schwimmer has had a fair few relationships come and go. I mean, as soon as the ladies saw him portray Melman in Madagascar, it must’ve just been completely over for any other young single American man.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Zoë Buckman (@zoebuckman)

David dated Natalie Imbruglia in the 90s and several other people up until his marriage to British artist Zoe Buckman in 2010. They had a daughter the following year, but the couple unfortunately announced that they were divorcing in 2017.

Oddly, David also dated Tina from S Club 7 at one point.

Lisa Kudrow

Lisa Kudrow has been on and off our screens occasionally since Friends, with a few surprise appearances in films like Bad Neighbours and Easy A. However, has her real love life been as tempestuous as it has been portrayed onscreen?

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lisa Kudrow (@lisakudrow)

Not one bit. One of the more straightforward dating history timelines of the Friends cast is Lisa, who got married in 1995 to Michael Stern. They have a son named Julian together. Having said that, she did date talk show host and funnyman Conan O’Brien for five years from 1988 and it appears that they’re still good friends to this day.

View this post on Instagram

In fact, there are several photos of her and Conan on her Instagram, whilst there are none whatsoever of her and Michael. Last year it was reported that Kudrow wasn’t isolating with her husband and had even missed their 25th wedding anniversary.

Matthew Perry

Matthew Perry has had a troublesome time in the spotlight since appearing in Friends, but luckily that hasn’t extended to his love life – and he appears to have had several relationships since the show.

matthew perry lizzy caplan, friends dating history

Matthew Perry and Lizzy Caplan in Mr Sunshine

He dated Julia Roberts for a year from 1995, but most notably was in a relationship with Lizzy Caplan of Mean Girls fame. Yup, THAT Lizzy Caplan who played Janis.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Matthew Perry (@mattyperry4)

He is currently engaged to a literary manager named Molly Hurwitz.

Courteney Cox

The final dating history of the Friends cast is Courteney Cox. Whilst it may seem like we haven’t seen much of Courteney compared to her costars, she’s had a steady stream of work since appearing in the Scream films as well as guest appearances on numerous successful TV shows.

Moving onto her dating history, it appears that she’s been similarly busy. Actor Michael Keaton and Adam Duritz of Counting Crows have both dated Courtney at one point, as well as Snow Patrol band member Johnny McDaid – which seems to be an ongoing thing.

In 1999 she married actor David Arquette, and they had a daughter in 2004. In 2013 their divorce became finalised after three years of separation.