23 ways of saying you’re a student, without saying you’re a student
Everything becomes self care if you think about it for long enough
University students do really weird things that the ordinary day-to-day adult can’t comprehend. We’re a rare type of breed and have a particular way of living. People on TikTok have been using the ‘tell me you’re a without telling me you’re a’ trend to show off how weird students are compared to the rest of the general public.
It takes more to be a student than just rocking up late to lectures or binning off work to go to the pub every night (though we do actually do that too). It’s really not that hard to tell a student apart from a random 20-year-old working adult.
If you don’t believe me, here’s 23 ways of saying you’re a student, without saying you’re a student.
1. Would die for a washing up sponge attached to the stick
Take all of my money!!
2. Eating pesto pasta five times a week
It’s a delicacy and you can’t convince me otherwise.
3. Always found in a dressing gown
WHY MUST THE HOUSE BE SO COLD???
4. Leaving your washing to dry for four days because you cba to put it away
It’s the circle of life.
5. Will pay £9k a year for uni but draws the line at a £5 pint
FIVE WHOLE QUID FOR A PINT? Get lost x
6. Never emptying the bins and slowly gaining a pile of rubbish
These hands are simply too delicate to touch that.
7. There’s always a frozen bolognese to hand in the freezer under the Aldi pizza
8. Email receipts to a landlord saying there’s some kind of infestation
Another big YUM.
9. Immune to the noise of housemates shagging
Nothing phases me anymore.
10. Will nap and hysterically cry in public
You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to get through a library session.
11. Aiming for the bare minimum with every single task
Number one rule of life: never aim for the stars.
12. Can eat dinner at 5pm or 10pm
Both are reasonable times.
13. Seven mins and 48 seconds to spare? Perfect time for a nap
It’s a talent. Students are illegally good at napping.
14. Can make the final loo roll last beyond five working days
In a house of skint students, anything is possible.
15. Being spiritually connected to cheesy chips
16. Smelly tea towels to see if they’re clean
You haven’t experienced pain unless you’ve smelt a dirty uni tea towel.
17. Never touching the floor with bare feet
You know the game ‘the floor is lava’? Yeah, well it’s like that but instead of lava it’s a dodgy case of athlete’s foot and verrucas x
18. Having no fear from TV licence letters
They don’t faze me. I am hardcore, and I will NEVER stop watching EastEnders.
19. Waking up 10 minutes before you have to be literally anywhere
It’s both a blessing and a curse.
20. Going out on a random week night and getting absolutely ruined
It’s perfectly normal and acceptable.
21. Being spiritually aligned with any shit daytime TV show
This Morning? Loose Women? Come Dine with Me? I would DIE for them all.
22. Turning up to stuff drunk from the night before
This has happened way too often for my liking – it’s become a second nature to me.
23. Pints become part of your personality
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE PINTS X