sofia juarez

Everything we know about Sofia Juarez, the missing child thought to be in this TikTok

Sofia disappeared in 2003

TikTok has already proven useful in solving a number of criminal mysteries, including one video in which teenagers found body parts stuffed into a suitcase, but the most recent theory centres around a video that potentially shows missing child Sofia Juarez. Whilst the case has remained unsolved for 18 years, the video is being investigated by the Kennewick Police Department due to the striking physical resemblance of the woman in the video with the missing child.

Whilst there is yet to be any confirmation regarding the identity of the woman, here’s everything we know about the disappearance of Sofia Juarez so far, including what exactly the video tells us.

@akayalla¿Será de aká o será de allá? 😳#culturageneral #preguntas #culiacan #sinaloa #viral♬ sonido original – Aká y Allá

Sofia Juarez was abducted in 2003

The day before her fifth birthday in 2003, Sofia Juarez was abducted from her home in Washington. According to the Missing Children Wiki, she was playing in her bedroom on the evening of 4th February when she walked out, never to be seen again.

She should now be 23 years old which, when corroborated with the woman’s claim in the video that she is 22 years old, seems like it could be a potential lead.

In the video, the unidentified woman claims to have potentially been kidnapped

Although the conversation appears to be somewhat jovial, the woman reportedly tells the interviewer that she doesn’t know where she is from and wants her family to come and get her. She also claims that she may have been kidnapped.

The interview was conducted in Culiacán, Mexico, whilst Sofia was abducted in Kennewick, Washington.

The police recently released a statement claiming that they have identified a witness in the Sofia Juarez case

In a statement released by Kennewick Police Department on 5th May, they announced that they have found a highly credible witness: “The witness observed a female matching Sofia’s description walking along the sidewalk on S. Washington Street near E. 15th Avenue. The observation corresponds to the approximate time that Sofia would have arrived on foot in that area.”

“A person approached the young female and led her away as she cried. Police have a detailed description of that person, but are withholding it at this time for investigative purposes.”

sofia juarez tiktok

There is also a vehicle of interest involved in the investigation

In the same statement, the police also described how there was a van that they have a “high degree of interest” in that was parked down a nearby street.

“An occupied van was also observed stopped on a nearby side street. It is described as a light blue or silver (or gray), older 1970’s to early 1980’s full-sized panel van with no side windows. It had the appearance of being a work-type van, the type that contractors or painters may perhaps use. This is not to imply that it would have been a contractor or painter’s van.”

Her mother sadly died without knowing where her daughter was

In 2009, Sofia Juarez’ mother passed away having never found out what happened to her daughter. She was just 26 years old.