We found all the First Dates couples who are still together

I now believe that true love is real

First Dates is one of the most successful dating shows there is on TV right now. The advert for new episodes boasts the “most happy endings” of any other show like it, and it’s definitely not lying – a lot of First Dates couples are still together, and the show has a whole lot of success stories in the bank.

From marriages and engagements to moving in together and having children – those who found love on the show have done it all. Some have travelled the world together, whilst others have named their pets after the producers of the show (yes, really).

Here are all the couples who met on First Dates and are still together, and what they’re up to now.

Shaun and Greig

Relationship status: Married

First Dates, couples, still together, now, Channel 4

via Channel 4

Shaun and Greig met on series six of First Dates and got engaged in 2017. Greig had previously had a date on First Dates which hadn’t worked out, but decided to come back and give the show a second chance. It’s a good job really, because he was then matched with Shaun and they are now married.

Shaun and Greig

Image provided by First Dates

Dan and Adam

Relationship status: Engaged

via Channel 4

Dan and Adam met way back in 2014, during series four of the show. During the heart-warming First Dates episode, Dan revealed to Adam that he came out as gay after suffering a stroke at the age of just 21. Since then they have got engaged and are planning on getting married in South Africa in the future.

Dan and Adam

Image provided by First Dates

Ibiba and Arron

Relationship status: Married

via Channel 4

Ibiba and Arron are one of two First Dates couples who are still together to have welcomed a child together. They met on series five, and have since got married and had a daughter in 2017. They found out they were expecting their first child just seven weeks after they met on the show!

Ibiba and Arron

Image provided by First Dates

Elan and Cindy

Relationship status: Engaged

via Channel 4

Elan and Cindy first met on series seven of First Dates. They are now engaged, and have just bought their dream home in Manchester together. Due to the pandemic, they’ve had their wedding postponed but it has now been moved to September 2021.

Elan and Cindy

Image provided by First Dates

Will and Fran

Relationship status: Engaged

via Channel 4

Will and Fran met on series six of First Dates. They then also appeared in two Christmas specials of the show, in series seven and eight. The pair bonded on the series over their mutual love for rugby and tweed and have since got engaged.

Will and Fran

Image provided by First Dates

Hema and Ajai

Relationship status: Married

via Channel 4

Hema and Ajai, both from London, met on series five of First Dates back in 2016. Ajai had previously proposed to three people but never made it up the aisle and Hema had been single for five years and says her friends “forced” her to apply to be on the show.

The couple stayed together after their date, and returned to the show for the series seven Christmas special, where Ajai popped the question. And this time it was a success, and in a comment to The Tab said they are enjoying married life together and managed a romantic trip to Scotland between lockdowns.

Hema and Ajai

Image provided by First Dates

Dave and Sara

Relationship status: Living together

First Dates, couples, still together, now, Channel 4, First Dates Hotel

via Channel 4

Dave and Sara have stayed together after first meeting in the sun on the second series of First Dates Hotel.

Dave and Sara, First Dates Hotel

Image provided by First Dates

Sarah and Phillip

Relationship status: Living together

via Channel 4

After meeting in series six, Sarah and Phillip have stayed together and they got a dog called Paddy, which was named after their First Dates producer. They have also just bought a camper van to travel around the world before they settle down and buy a house. Sarah was 21 when she appeared on the show, and moved viewers when she shared that she had suffered from bone cancer aged 16. 

Sarah and Phillip

Image provided by First Dates

Vanessa and Julien

Relationship status: Married

via Channel 4

Vanessa and Julien met on the second series of First Dates Hotel, and returned to the show for series three of First Dates Hotel, where their proposal took place. Since then it’s been all good with the couple, although they did have to rearrange their wedding to August last year. They tied the knot finally though, and are happily married now!

Vanessa and Julien

Image provided by First Dates

Charlie and Laura

Relationship status: Engaged

Charlie and Laura, First Dates, couples, still together, now, Channel 4

via Channel 4

Charlie and Laura have recently come back from 18 months travelling the world and are now saving up for their wedding. They met on series six of First Dates when Charlie pulled out a guitar and serenaded her. 

Steve and Lyn

Relationship status: Still together

Steve and Lyn, First Dates, couples, still together, now, Channel 4

via Channel 4

Ex-army engineer Steve was matched with Lyn, who served in the armed forces for 17 years, during series ten. During the date, Steve opened up about his ongoing mental health issues and Lyn revealed she was six months pregnant with a donor baby, having always wanted children and not yet met the right man. Steve was completely unfazed, and after their relationship blossomed on screen Lyn has had a baby boy and she and Steve are still together. 

Steve and Lyn

via Channel 4

Dan and Lauren

Relationship status: Engaged

Dan and Lauren

via Twitter @laurenxleonardx

Lauren first appeared on series two of First Dates, but she had a disastrous date. But then she met Dan, who appeared on the show in series five, in a bar and they’re now engaged. The pair have two children together, a little girl and a little boy. So they might not have actually met on the show, but they did both appear on it!