poggers, pog, pogchamp

Okay, but what do ‘pog’ and ‘poggers’ actually mean on TikTok?

My little pogchamp!

It’s like as soon as you venture into the official domain of gen z (aka every TikTok comments section ever), you’re suddenly exposed to a whole new world of unfamiliar vocabulary that you’ve never heard before – and the latest one that’s taking over is ‘pog’ or ‘poggers’. In fact, nothing is more emblematic of how new this kind of language is than the fact that it’s probably been around for months and anyone above the age of 22 just hasn’t noticed or bothered to learn what it means.

Until now. So, what do pog and poggers mean? What is a pogchamp? Why are there so many intimidating 12-year-olds commenting poggers on my TikTok videos and why won’t they LEAVE ME ALONE?! Here’s exactly what pog and poggers mean.

@100quackitysLoH saturday lets gooooo ##quackityhq ##quackity ##poggers♬ original sound – someone who doesnt know nobody

What do pog and poggers mean?

Okay, so you’re here for a youth language masterclass, and first on the agenda are pog and poggers – which you probably won’t be shocked to learn mean an expression of excitement, like: “Wow, amazing!”

Basically, pog or poggers are used as an exclamation on the internet to express delight or joy at whatever the comment sits beneath, which is why it is mostly found in comments sections on YouTube, TikTok and Twitch. Another definition according to the internet is that POG is an acronym for “Play Of the Game” in gaming, but it seems it’s mostly used to mean “good.”

pogchamp, poggers, pog

Pogchamp is an emote used on Twitch to express excitement

Pogchamp, much in the same way, is an emote used on Twitch to express a similar level of delight, and looking at the above image they really couldn’t have chosen an image that better resembles this sentiment. If not on Twitch, you’ve probably seen it before elsewhere.

So there you have it, you’ll no longer be scratching your head when this piece of vocabulary ends up in front of you, and you may even find that you start using it ironically, and then… you can’t stop.

I know I have.