handforth parish council

Everything you need to know about *that* chaotic Handforth Parish Council meeting

Including the best Jackie Weaver memes

The Handforth Parish Council Zoom meeting is the most chaotic thing to grace the internet so far this year and we now have a new national hero, the one and only – Jackie Weaver.

An 18 minute highlight reel of the Handforth Parish Council Zoom meeting was uploaded to YouTube yesterday and has since got everyone on Twitter going mad for the chaotic reactions of the many council members.

The meeting begins with someone saying “fuck off” off camera, and it all goes down hill from there. The most memeable moment came when Jackie Weaver kicked out the regular chairman, after he told her she did not have the authority to do so.

This is everything you need to know about the meeting and all the best memes of course:

What happened in the Handforth Parish Council Zoom meeting?

The video of the meeting is available on YouTube and I would highly recommend watching for some quality entertainment. However if you want a condensed version, then this is everything that went down.

The parish council meeting actually took place on 10th December 2020 but was uploaded yesterday. It features the members of the Handforth Parish Council. The village of Handforth is in Cheshire and has a population of just over 6,000 people.

The meeting began at 7:30pm and chairman Brian Tolver had already been kicked out of the earlier 7pm meeting.

via YouTube

The second meeting then began with some unseen councillor saying “fuck off” under their breath. Brian Tolver then went onto to question the legitimacy of the meetings and said Jackie Weaver had no authority there and told her to stop talking.

He said: “This meeting has not been called according to the law. It’s only the chairman who can remove people from the meeting. You have no authority here Jackie Weaver, no authority at all.”

Queen Jackie Weaver then removed Brian Tolver from the meeting. And things continued to kick off from there. Councillor Aled Brewerton then proceeded to shout at Jackie to “Read the standing orders – read them and understand them!”

Other iconic moments included the woman on Julie’s iPad telling someone she would have to call them back as she was on a meeting and Jackie Weaver referring to herself as Britney Spears.

The reason Jackie called herself Britney, was because Brian Tolver had labelled himself “clerk”. Jackie explained: “The chairman simply declared himself ‘clerk’ and notified everybody of the case.

“There is no way of stopping him from calling himself clerk. Please refer to me as Britney Spears from now on.”

Who is Jackie Weaver?

Aside from being a new national treasure, Jackie Weaver is from the Cheshire Association of Local Councils where she works as a Chief Officer.

These are the best Handforth Parish Council meeting memes: