Here are all the celebrities who have been caught breaking Covid lockdown rules

No concern for public health, just vibes

It’s been a year like no other, with the UK reaching over 37,000 daily new cases and almost 600 deaths yesterday and the government recently imposing another lockdown to tackle the spread of coronavirus. While the majority of us are following lockdown rules, sheltering in place and dressing up for our one walk a day, some celebrities seem to think coronavirus only infect people without a blue tick in their bio.

Rita Ora, Jake Paul and Gordon Ramsey, what do they all have in common? Nothing except for they’ve all been caught flouting lockdown rules. Here’s a list of all the celebrities, from influencers to reality TV stars, that have been caught blatantly breaking coronavirus guidelines.

Rita Ora

via Instagram: @ritaora

In November singer Rita Ora was caught ignoring the national lockdown, as well as government guidelines to isolate for 14 days after she returned from a gig in Egypt, in order to throw a pretty lavish birthday party. Other A-listers, like Cara and Poppy Delevigne, rocked up to a swanky West London restaurant (Casa Cruz, Notting Hill if you want to visit after lockdown) to celebrate Rita Ora turning 30, despite rules banning social mixing indoors.

After news of the party broke, the singer said she was “deeply sorry” and offered to pay a £10,000 fine for hosting the party.

“I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative Covid tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities,” she said.

“Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed government advice and isolated myself for the required period. As you know, I didn’t follow government advice and… I apologise again, unreservedly.”

Jake Paul

Instagram: @jakepaul

YouTuber Jake Paul came under fire last summer for after throwing a packed party in his LA mansion. He drew criticism from the Mayor of Calabasas, who called the party “outrageous”.

Jake Paul also called the coronavirus pandemic a “hoax”, and said he’s “not the type of person who’s gonna sit around and not live my life”.

Zara Holland

Instagram: @zaraholland

Earlier this month former Love Island star Zara Holland and her boyfriend were arrested after allegedly trying to flee Barbados with her boyfriend whilst he had tested positive with coronavirus.

Zara was given a fine of £4,500, escaping what could have been up to a year in jail or £18,000 fine.

She apologised for the rule breach, saying: “I firstly want to apologise to the entire country of Barbados for what has been a massive mix up and misunderstanding during my most recent stay.”

Gordon Ramsey

Instagram: @gordongram

Arguably the UK’s greatest export, Gordon Ramsey was caught in a nightmare not in the kitchen, after he was accused of ignoring quarantine rules in October. According to the Daily Mail, Gordon Ramsey had flown back to the UK from the States in order to attend his son’s Royal Marines ceremony, yet allegedly failed to follow the 14-day quarantine required when travelling into the UK from the US.

Georgia Toffolo

Instagram: @georgiatoffolo (not the dog in question)

Possibly one of the earliest celeb lockdown breaches, Toff attended a friend’s dog’s birthday party last April. As lovable as dogs are, the former I’m a Celeb and Made in Chelsea star’s visit went against government rules, which at the time only permitted “essential travel”.

Stephen Bear

Instagram fan account: @steviebearzy

When he at landed Heathrow Airport After arriving from Dubai last week, Stephen Bear was arrested for revenge porn. Former Celebrity Big Brother and Ex on the Beach contestant was taken into custody, released on bail and was then pictured going to M&S, breaking quarantine rules.

Current rules say those arriving in the UK from the UAE must isolate for 10 days. No meal deal is worth the risk of spreading coronavirus, especially one costing more than £3.

Bear has denied the allegations of revenge porn, calling them “silly rumours”.

Dua Lipa

Instagram: @dualipa

Dua Lipa has recently come under fire for “ignoring social distancing” during her Mexico vacation, nine months after tweeting a special video telling people to “stay at home”.

This isn’t the first time singer Dua Lipa has faced backlash for seemingly ignoring her own coronavirus advice. In August Dua attended a star-studded gathering for her 25th birthday, which seemed like had minimal social distancing and was criticised online.

AJ Pritchard

Instagram: @aj11ace

In December, Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalist and former I’m A Celeb contestant AJ Pritchard, was spotted breaking the then tiered system rules. AJ Pritchard was seen leaving Jako club and reportedly headed back to his cousin’s house after the 11pm curfew kicked in. London was in Tier 2 at the time, which prohibited indoor household mixing, unless for very specific reasons – like childcare.

Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian decided to fly out her “closest inner circle” of friends and family out to a private island to celebrate her 40th birthday. The influencer said she just wanted to “pretend things were normal for a brief moment in time”, and said everyone had isolated and had “health screens”.

Kim was labeled as “tone deaf”, tweeting about her vacation at a time when people were having to cancel plans to see family for Christmas out of safety concerns. Kim K’s tweet quickly became a meme with everyone pretending things were normal for a brief moment in time.

Kendall Jenner

via Instagram: @kyliejenner

Kendall Jenner was also blasted on Twitter for throwing an absolutely star-studded Halloween event, with The Weeknd, Justin Bieber and Winnie Harlow all reportedly in attendance. At the time California state government only allowed gathering with a maximum of three house holds, lasting two hours.

At the “huge dance party”, there was a note asking attendees to not post about it on social media. However Kendall’s sisters Kylie and Kim still posted pics from the party on Instagram.

In an attempt to defend Kendall, her mother Kris Jenner said guests had been tested on arrival.

Featured image via Instagram @ritaora @zaraholland 

Related articles recommended by this writer:

It is time to unfollow influencers who are flouting lockdown rules

Hey celebs! Stop thinking you’re exempt from lockdown rules because you’re rich

These are the celebs who’ve come out as anti-mask and anti-lockdown