Rita Ora claimed she would be ‘hanging out with her parents’ on her birthday

She told an interviewer she would be having a low-key 30th birthday……okay

Look, we’ve all seen Rita Ora’s lockdown-busting 30th birthday party, and the £10,000 fine and backlash that followed.

A reported 30 people showed up to a closed restaurant in Notting Hill to celebrate the singer’s birthday. When caught out by the tabloids, Ora apologised, offered to pay the £10,000 fine, and insisted the party was “spur of the moment”.

And perhaps it was. In an interview with the Sunday Times – which took place two weeks before her birthday but was published yesterday – Ora outlined her incredibly boring plans for her birthday.

“It’s going to be literally my parents and me,” Ora said. “I’m actually looking forward to it. To just hanging out with my parents. My reputation’s going to go down the drain.”

It’s with some glee, then, that the Sunday Times interviewer notes how much more intact Ora’s reputation would have been if she’d really stayed at home with her parents.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RITA ORA (@ritaora)

And then there’s the Egypt thing. To make matters worse for Ora, it emerged that she should have been self-isolating when she went to the party, after she had flown to Egypt and back for a gig just a week previously.

Ora, again, apologised, saying she flouted the 14-day quarantine rules, but had tested positive for Covid.

“I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative COVID tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities,” she said.

“Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed government advice and isolated myself for the required period.

“As you know, I didn’t follow government advice and… I apologise again, unreservedly.”