These are all the theories of where Lester Eubanks from Unsolved Mysteries is now

He escaped from Death Row in 1973

Episode three in volume two of Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix covers the story of Lester Eubanks – a convicted killer who is now on the run after escaping Death Row.

It’s been 47 years since he escaped, after he was allowed on a Christmas shopping trip in a mall without any guards. Eubanks was given a meeting point for after the shopping visit, but he never reported back. Eubanks had been sentenced to life for the 1965 murder of 14-year-old Mary Ellen Deener but had his sentenced changed to life after the death sentence was abolished in his state.

There have been no official sightings of him since he escaped. Here are all theories of where Lester Eubanks, subject of episode three “Death Row Fugitive” of Unsolved Mysteries volume two on Netflix, may be now.

Lester Eubanks, now, theories, sightings, dead, Netflix, Unsolved Mysteries, volume two, episode three, Death Row Fugitive, mugshot, police, composite

via Netflix

He was the man working at the centre for troubled youths in Alabama

In the documentary, an investigator says through an informant he was able to track down phone records which linked Eubanks to a centre for troubled youths in Alabama. At the time, there was a black man who matched the description of Lester working there and he didn’t have a driver’s license or a security number. This lead to police believing it may well have been Lester Eubanks, but the person had left the centre a couple of months earlier.

His father Mose has been hiding his whereabouts

In the Netflix documentary, we hear that investigators got in contact with Mose, Lester Eubanks father. He was adamant he didn’t want to discuss Lester, but did say he said he was willing to “forgive and forget” what his son had done. The investigators said after their meeting with Mose, they were convinced he knew where Lester was, or at least had done at some point whilst he was on the run.

It was believed the father and son had been in contact in 2003, but this was never confirmed.

He’s being hidden by another friend or family member

Lester Eubanks, now, theories, sightings, dead, Netflix, Unsolved Mysteries, volume two, episode three, Death Row Fugitive

via Netflix

Lester Eubanks has associates in states all across the US. He has friends and family across the country, including in Michigan, Florida, Texas, Alabama, California and Washington. Investigators believe at least one, if not a few of his known associates and family members, know exactly where he is and the identity he is living under.

Lester Eubanks is now going by the name of ‘Victor Young’

One of the many theories surrounding the Lester Eubanks case is that he took on the identity of Victor Young and worked as an oil painter. According to Kay Banks, Lester’s cousin’s widow, Lester got a hunting license under this name which didn’t require ID prints – and this became his ID.

Kay Banks believed he had also been working in a mattress manufacturing factory under this name. It was found that this was true, but “Victor Young” had left in the 1980s.

Lester Eubanks, now, theories, sightings, dead, Netflix, Unsolved Mysteries, volume two, episode three, Death Row Fugitive, son

via Netflix

In 2019, a man came forward thinking he may be the son of Lester Eubanks

According to reports, the case seemed to take a turn in November 2019 when a man came forward saying he believed Lester Eubanks had sexually assaulted his now late mother, and he was in fact their son. He offered Marshals DNA samples in the hope that this could help track Eubanks down.

However, the federal government has a policy in place that it does not permit familial searches – meaning this DNA cannot be used in the case.

via Netflix

Lester Eubanks may have since died himself now

Lester Eubanks is aged 76 now, so a pretty obvious theory is that he could be dead. He’s spent years on the run, with no easy access to housing or money. There have been no sightings of him, or leads to where he could be – so it could be assumed that Lester Eubanks has somehow died since his escape.

There is a $25,000 reward for information that leads to his arrest. Police say he has a huge scar which wraps around his upper right arm, and may still be using his talent for painting to make money.

If you have any information about or tips regarding any of the cases in the Unsolved Mysteries series, you can submit them via the Unsolved website. 

Volume two of Unsolved Mysteries are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.