My handwriting will never be that neat
How it started memes are taking over Twitter and you can’t scroll through the app without seeing someone’s glow up, the messages they used to slide into the DMs or their wedding pics.
The meme began when a Twitter user, shared two photos with her partner, one with how they began talking and the second the two hugging now. She captioned them “how it started” and “how it ended”. The tweet got over 25k likes and ever since people have been sharing the moment they started chatting to their partner to the place they’re in now.
It’s all very sweet and wholesome, but a bit boring. Luckily some people have been creating parodies of the meme, that either end with “how it’s going” or “how it ended” depending on the images.
Usually it’s in reference to a non-existent relationship or it can be something totally unrelated like how neat your handwriting is at the start of an essay exam versus the end where it looks like a three-year-old has written it.
These are the 27 funniest “how it started” memes:
1. The actual winners of Love Island 2019
2. How did it end up like this?
3. Wow I have been triggered
5. I’m just gonna download this one app, I won’t get addicted
6. Damn and here I am saying RIP to my fourth basil plant
7. Never related to anything so much
8. The Gogglebox couple goals
9. Still not over it
10. Think I deserve a break now
11. Never forget Edward gagging at the sight of Bella
12. Jon really did her dirty
13. How did I end up here?
14. Just a quick break here to say QUEEN
15. My handwriting is never that neat
16. Where it all began
18. He’s so different to other guys I’ve met
19. Rejection, after rejection
20. What a precious lil guy
21. Nothing cuts deeper than “seen”
22. Lol it’s defo the other way around
23. She really won
24. Alex and Olivia are practically royalty
25. A piece of internet history
26. At least I’m consistent
27. We stan a legend
Related stories recommended by this writer:
•A relationship should be 50/50, but these 27 memes are 100 per cent hilarious
•As Instagram turns 10 years old, let’s take a look back at how tragic it used to be
•Ranked: These are the top 20 accounts on Instagram with the most followers