celebrity lockdown babies

Lockdown babies: The celebs who announced their pregnancy or had a baby during lockdown

Islanders, Gossip Girl cast and Sharpay!

Throughout lockdown we all did what we could to keep our spirits up, from Zoom quizzes, to banana bread, to puzzles and Tiger King. But clearly Joe Exotic and baking weren’t enough to keep celebrities entertained, as many of them were very busy making babies. Over 22 celebrity couples had baby announcements during lockdown.

It feels like nearly every day on Instagram there’s another clearly staged photo from celebs to let the world know they’re expecting, from Dani Dyer’s simple scan picture to Nicki Minaj’s incredibly extra nude shoot with flowers, we have seen every baby post imaginable during these long six months.

And it doesn’t stop there, people are still announcing their pregnancies or even giving birth to the babies they told us all about at the beginning of lockdown. These are just some of the celebrity lockdown babies and their rich and famous parents:

Dani Dyer

via Instagram @danidyerxx

Love Island 2018 winner Dani Dyer announced she was expecting a baby with her boyfriend Sammy Kimmence at the end of July on Instagram.

In the post she shared two photos, one with her and Sammy holding the scan photo and another of just the scan. She wrote beside the post: “Little bubba can’t believe you are going to be ours. Me and Sammy are so excited to start this next chapter in our lives, feel so lucky and grateful..2021”

Since the announcement she’s been documenting her pregnancy on Instagram including doing a few sponsored posts for baby clothes. She also revealed on Instagram that she will not be finding out the baby’s gender before the birth.

Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik

via Instagram @gigihadid

Easily one of the most famous celebrity lockdown babies. Gigi Hadid confirmed she was pregnant with her and Zayn Malik’s baby in April on the Jimmy Kimmel show. The news of her pregnancy came out before she officially confirmed it when her mum, Yolanda, shared the news on the radio.

Throughout her pregnancy Gigi posted a few incredible photo shoots with her bump and on the 24th September Gigi and Zayn shared the happy news that Gigi had given birth to a baby girl.

Gigi captioned the first photo of her daughter: “Our girl joined us earth-side this weekend and she’s already changed our world. So in love.”

Ashley Tisdale

via Instagram @ashleytisdale

Sharpay is having a baby! Ashley shared a caption less bump photo with her husband Christopher French in mid September. Vanessa Hudgens commented on the post: “Just the freaking cutest.”

Ashley has been married to composer Christopher since 2014, what are the chances of them naming their baby Sharpay?

Jessica Szhor

Vanessa from Gossip Girl is having a baby! What is it with all the people from our favourite teen shows and films getting pregnant? Jessica shared on Instagram that she was expecting a baby with her boyfriend Brad Richardson on the same day Gigi announced her daughter’s arrival.

Jessica captioned the post: “Full of joy!” and received loads of comments from fellow celebs Ashely Greene and Claire Holt. Jessica and Brad first got together at the end of 2018 and he already has a daughter with his ex-wife.

Camilla and Jamie

Everyone’s favourite Love Island couple announced they were expecting a baby in mid May in the cutest video possible.

Since then Camilla has been sharing updates on the baby and is expected to give birth in October.

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend revealed they were expecting their third child in the most celeb way possible – a music video. Chrissy appeared in John’s video for his song “Wild” and held her hands over her baby bump at the end of the video.

Chrissy accidentally revealed they are expecting a baby boy on her Instagram stories in September. The couple already have their daughter, Luna and son Miles.

Ashley James

Ex Made in Chelsea cast member Ashley James announced she was pregnant with a photo shoot in Hello! magazine in mid July.

Ashley is expecting the baby with her boyfriend Tom who she started dating in October last year. Since her announcement Ashley has been sharing her pregnancy on her Instagram.

Emma Roberts

via Instagram @emmaroberts

Emma Roberts aka Poppy Moore from Wild Child announced she was pregnant with a boy at the end of August. She captioned a picture of her holding her: “Me…and my two favourite guys”.

Emma is expecting the baby boy with her boyfriend 35-year-old actor Garrett Hedlund who she started dating in March 2019. Emma’s aunt Julia Roberts commented on the post: “Love you”.

Marcel Somerville

Yet another Love Islander who announced they were expecting a baby in lockdown. Marcel announced his girlfriend Rebecca was pregnant in mid July in a photoshoot with OK! magazine.

Marcel proposed to Rebecca during their gender reveal party in August where they found out they were expecting a baby boy.

Lea Michele

via Instagram @leamichele

Glee’s Lea Michele announced she and her husband Zandy Reich were expecting a baby at the end of April with a photo of herself cradling her bump.

And then on 26th August she confirmed she had given birth to a baby boy Ever Leo with a sweet black and white photo.

Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom

via Instagram @orlandobloom

Celebs are really enjoying the black and white hand hold birth announcement photo. Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom’s daughter Daisy Dove was born in August.

Katy told the world she was expecting a baby in March during her music video “Never Worn White”.

Vogue Williams and Spencer Matthews

Another Made in Chelsea baby! Spencer and Vogue announced they were expecting their second child in March and revealed they were having a girl.

Gigi Margaux Matthews (such a posh name) was born during lockdown at the end of July and of course her first official photo came out in Hello! magazine.

Rochelle and Marvin Humes

via Instagram @rochellehumes

Rochelle and Marvin shared they were expecting a third child with an Easter themed post in mid April. Rochelle posted a photo of a baby scan, some eggs and a chick and captioned the post: “There’s a baby bunny in my oven…”.

Rochelle is due to give birth to their son in October and the couple already have two daughters Alaia-Mai and Valentina.

Kate and Rio Ferdinand

Ex TOWIE cast member Kate Ferdinand posted the cutest video on Instagram in mid June letting her followers know she and Rio Ferdinand were expecting a baby.

In the video Rio’s three children found out about the baby and were super excited. Kate captioned the video: “The crazy house is about to get a little bit crazier. Every time I watch this it makes me cry, the best reaction. Baby Ferdy we are all so excited to meet you.”

Shelby Tribble

celebrity lockdown babies

via Instagram @shelbytribble

Another TOWIE cast member Shelby Tribble announced she and her boyfriend Sam Mucklow, who is also on TOWIE, are expecting a baby.

She shared a picture of them holding a baby scan and captioned it: “Something fantastic is making us glad, we’re changing our names to Mum and Dad”. Shelby also revealed on her Instagram they are going to having a baby boy. 

Nicki Minaj

No one else did a better pregnancy announcement than Nicki Minaj. Heels, bikini and the #preggers. No other way to do it really.

Nicki shared her news of a new baby with her husband Kenneth Petty at the beginning of August.

Millie Mackintosh and Hugo Taylor

celebrity lockdown babies

via Instagram @milliemackintosh

We were all so excited for Millie and Hugo’s baby. And beautiful Sienna was born on May 1st and weighed seven pounds.

Millie shared the first proper photo of Sienna on Instagram from a photoshoot with Hello! magazine and since then has been uploading many cute photos to her page.

Penn and Domino Badgley

celebrity lockdown babies gossip girl

via Instagram @domino_kirke

The second Gossip Girl baby of the year, Penn and his wife Domino welcomed their baby recently with Domino sharing a picture of Penn and the baby in September.

The couple sadly suffered two miscarriages and Domino shared they were expecting their baby in February earlier this year.

Ed Sheeran

celebrity lockdown babies ed sheeran

via Instagram @teddysphotos

Ok so no one had any idea Ed Sheeran was having a baby with his wife Cherry and then at the beginning of September he posted on Instagram Cherry had given birth to their daughter Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran.

In the post he said: “Ello! A quick message from me as I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you… Last week, with the help of an amazing delivery team, Cherry gave birth to our beautiful and healthy daughter – Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran. We are completely in love with her.

“Both mum and baby are doing amazing and we are on cloud nine over here. We hope that you can respect our privacy at this time. Lots of love and I’ll see you when it’s time to come back, Ed x”.

Wonder if he got name inspo from his Game of Thrones cameo?

Leighton Meester and Adam Brody

Unfortunately there are no photos of the third Gossip Girl baby this year but Leighton and Adam have had their second child.

Adam confirmed the couple have a new son on a TV show in September, when he said: “I have a boy and he’s a dream, he’s a dream boy.”

Elon Musk and Grimes

Who could forget when Grimes gave birth to their baby and they gave it the name X Æ A-12? That was peak lockdown.