YouTubers are promoting Tekashi 6ix9ine’s latest album and people are not happy

‘Most top influencers would collaborate with Hitler’

As if the biggest creators weren’t perceivably money-snatching enough, their latest influx of promotional content to sour our feeds features one of rap’s most prolific and controversial figures – and even better? The whole thing seems to wholly forgo the notion that paedophiles and criminals are people you probably shouldn’t spend your time with. Who is the paedophilic criminal in question? Well, of course it’s none other than notorious snitcher Tekashi 6ix9ine.

The serial criminal is currently promoting his latest album and, clearly of the knowledge that no right-minded person in the industry would touch him with a barge pole, he’s taken to jamming with social media’s biggest stars to get the album sales up. They get the clout and views, he gets the promotion. However, as you may have guessed it, their fans aren’t particularly happy with this interaction.

It all started when members of TikTok’s Hype House were seen hanging out with the rapper. This quickly drew criticism from fans who expected better of their favourite creators to be hanging out with someone like 6ix9ine. But whatever, a group of young lads and ladies finding their feat in content creation making a stupid mistake – their fans have a go in the comments sections, but it’s generally left there.

Nevertheless, it becomes all too clear that this is a press tour to promote his new album when Tekashi is next seen with popular prank channel NELK, followed by an appearance on Logan Paul’s podcast. NELK, who have nearly six million subscribers on YouTube, made a video in which they surprise people with the rap star, whilst Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast channel, with two and a half million subscribers, sat down for a friendly chat in which they seemed to brush any mention of Tekashi’s past indiscretions under the rug.

Tekashi 6ix9ine has had a packed history of violence and criminal activities leading back many years (seriously, you’ve never seen a “legal issues” section this big on Wikipedia). But which crimes are the majority of people annoyed at creators giving him their time? It is mostly centred around his arrest for sexual offences including against a minor.

In February 2015, 6ix9ine had physical contact with a 13-year-old girl which he later released videos of this as part of a music video. A criminal complaint was brought against him citing three videos which, in the first video according to the court transcript: “The child engages in oral sexual intercourse with the separately charged defendant Taquan Anderson, while the defendant, Daniel Hernandez, stands behind the child making a thrusting motion with his pelvis and smacking her on her buttocks. The child is nude in the video.”

The other videos feature the child, who could be as young as year seven in UK schools, sitting naked across the rapper and another defendant whilst her breasts are groped by the other defendant. In 2017, Tekashi was reported to have said that he had “no sexual contact” with the girl and denied knowing she was a minor. He entered into a plea deal with authorities.

Mike Majlak, who is a co-host on Logan’s podcast, claimed that he didn’t even want to do the interview but still ended up taking part. The above clips seems to be the only part of the interaction that was remotely difficult or challenging, despite Mike admitting being an open critic of 6ix9ine’s actions in the past.

This underplaying of 6ix9ine’s actions has fans speculating that the only reason people are involving him in their videos is for money, this seemingly being confirmed by rapper Lil Durk who recently appeared on a track with Drake. In the below video, he claims that he was offered a payment of three million dollars to start an argument with 6ix9ine that would see him get more promotion for his album:

This news comes as it is predicted that 6ix9ine’s album sales will plummet with 100,000 fewer sales than initially expected to just 50,000.