Carole Baskin responds to *that* video where she shouts out Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile

She’s had a nightmare here

Tiger King star Carole Baskin has responded to a video where she was pranked into giving a shout out to Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile. 

Australian Comedian Tom Armstrong has claimed the prank, posting the video saying: “If this doesn’t break the internet I give up. Carole Baskin shouts out Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile.”

And now Carole has replied to what is a very awkward moment from her. Carole told Mirror Online: “I am amazed at the lengths (and expense) people will go to in order to trash my reputation. Of course, I have never heard of Rolf Harris, and would not have done the Cameo had I known.The signature line in my email reads, ‘I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made – Franklin D. Roosevelt’, and I think that tells you all you need to know about the kind of people who abuse me in their efforts to make others hate me.”

In the video, dressed in her signature tiger print and flower headband, she says: “Hey all you cool cats and kittens, it’s Carole Baskin at Big Cat Rescue. Hi Rolf Harris! All your kids wanted to get together and tell you that you have really touched them and that they love all that you have done for them. I hear there’s a lot of great stories about you and your best friend, Jimmy Savile. Can’t wait to hear those. Happy birthday Rolf.” She then blows a kiss at the camera.

Carole Baskin, cameo, responce, video, Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile, prank

Harris was convicted in 2014 of the sexual assault of four underage girls, which effectively ended his career. After DJ Jimmy Savile died, hundreds of sexual assault claims were made against him – making him one of the UK’s most prolific sex offenders.

Carole had only recently signed up to Cameo – a site where fans can request and pay for personalised videos. Carole’s profile reads: “You know me as ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic’s intended murder victim but my real life’s work has been at Big Cat Rescue for a world where all wild cats live free. Please be a voice for cats: BigCatAct.com.” It currently says you can request a video for £165.