How to find out how common your surname really is, a step-by-step guide

You can even find out how much money people with your name worldwide earn

Have you ever wondered how distinctly bland your name is? You’re about to find out anyway, because this website allows you to find out how common your surname really is – so you can finally have some answers.

The site Forebears somehow has all the knowledge about names – and it knows a lot about you. Screenshots from the page have been going viral on Twitter recently in a huge thread, with people learning more about themselves then they ever thought they would.

Some people are shocked by how common their names are and just how many potential long-lost relatives they have all over the world. Whilst others have found out they’re much more unique than they thought.

So here’s a step-by-step in how to find out how common your surname is:

• Go to the site Forebears

• Type in your name

• The site will then tell you how common your surname is and roughly how many people have this name in the world

surname, common, statistics, rare, site, Forebears, find out

It will also tell you where in the world your name is most prevalent and which countries have the highest density of people with your surname. There’s a distribution map and a full table of frequency of your name.

surname, statistics, rare, common, how many, where, map, people, name, Forebears, world

Somehow (I’m really not sure how) the site also has data on how much money people with your name roughly earn and some fun statistics and facts about the name.

how to find out how common your surname is, surname, statistics, rare, common, how many, where, map, people, name, Forebears

Get ready to learn a lot about yourself.