Dirty John season two is finally coming and the trailer looks incredible

We have waited SO long for this

After over a year of waiting, Dirty John season two is finally coming and a new, wild trailer has been revealed. The second series in the Dirty John anthology is called Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story and is based on the real events of one of America’s most controversial marriages.

The true crime is a dramatised version of the real events in the relationship of divorced couple, Dan and Betty Broderick. It ended with Betty murdering Dan and his new, much younger, wife.

Dirty John, season two, Netflix, trailer, cast, release, Betty Broderick, story, true, crime, real, life, Amanda Peet

Amanda Peet as Betty

The new trailer shows Dan sending Betty to a mental institution and her trashing his home and driving a car into it. The series will star Amanda Peet as Betty and Christian Slater as Dan Broderick.

Dan was a lawyer and the couple shared five children together. However, in 1983, Betty accused her husband of having an affair with his assistant, Linda Kolkena.

Dirty John, season two, Netflix, trailer, cast, release, Betty Broderick, story, true, crime, real, life, Christian Slater, Dan

Christian Slater as Dan

Two years later Dan Broderick moved out of the family home to live with Linda. Betty left their children one-by-one at his doorstep until he had custody of all five of them.

The divorce was long and difficult and the case went to court. Broderick v Broderick became one of the most controversial divorces in US history. The couple’s separation became official in 1989 and Dan married his assistant Linda in the same year. Seven months after the wedding of Dan and Linda, Betty stole a key to their home and shot them both dead.

No release date has been set for Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story but it is set to air on USA Network first and then move over to Netflix worldwide. It is expected later this year.

Watch the trailer for Dirty John season two here:

The second season of Dirty John comes after the drama adaptation of the true story of Debra Newell and John “Dirty John” Meehan. Debra is taken in by the lies and manipulation of the serial con-man and falls in love with the wealthy anaesthesiologist John. It soon becomes clear he might not be as wealthy or even as qualified as he first makes out. There are eight episodes to the series all together, that vary in length from 40 – 50 minutes.

Dirty John, USA Network, Netflix, release, trailer

Dirty John season one with Connie Britton and Eric Bana, via Netflix

The drama was then turned into a true crime documentary called Dirty John: The Dirty Truth which included interviews with the actual people from the case, sharing their experiences and extra information.

Dirty John season one and Dirty John: The Dirty Truth are both available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.