Tinder is launching a mode where you can only match with other students

No more matching random locals lmao

Tinder is launching a mode exclusively for students if you’re sick of accidentally matching with rogue locals: Tinder Uni.

Only people with an ac.uk email address can access the new mode on the app, meaning your swipes will purely be students.

Once you’ve entered and verified your email on the “Education” section of your Tinder profile, turn on the mode and it’ll work as normal Tinder does, except only nearby students will show up.

tinder uni

A spokesperson for Tinder said: “Tinder was first introduced on a college campus in 2012 and since then we are still very close to our core members, with more than half of our members aged between 18 to 25 years old.

“The UK is the first country outside of the US to have access to the Tinder Uni feature. We are super excited to bring this to the UK and will be touring around Universities so keep an eye out for us!”

As part of the launch, Tinder are also doing a tour of the following unis, giving out ice cream and discounts to student nights.

1. Exeter – 16th March

2. Bournemouth – 17th March

3. Bristol – 18th – 23rd March

4. Birmingham – 23rd – 24th March

5. Nottingham – 30 – 31st March and 3rd April

6. Liverpool – 27th – 28th and 30th April

7. Leeds – 5th – 7th May

8. Manchester – 11th – 12th and 14th May

9. Newcastle – 18th, 19th and 21st May