Everything Shaughna had to say after she was dumped from Love Island

‘If I had my time again I’d definitely have ditched Callum sooner than Casa Amor’

After the recoupling tonight, Shaughna left Love Island. None of the boys chose her, meaning she was dumped from the villa.

In her exit interview, Shaughna was asked about all things Callum, Casa Amor, Luke M and if she would have done anything differently. Here’s what she had to say.

Shaughna left Love Island, Shaughna, Love Island, who left, recoupling, exit, dumping, winter, latest, news, tonight,

How do you feel about Callum now?

Initially I was physically attracted to him. He had a nice energy about him, which he still does have… I just see him now in a completely different light.

My family would have liked him to begin with and then he would have definitely worn my mum thin. He definitely would have rubbed her up the wrong way. Just by not being very affectionate towards me, not ever really putting me first. Every mum wants that for their daughter.

Shaughna left Love Island, Shaughna, Love Island, who left, recoupling, exit, dumping, winter, latest, news, tonight, Callum, Casa Amor, Molly

Would you have moved to Manchester for him?

I was absolutely adamant I was not moving to Manchester for the whole of my journey in there, up until Casa Amor, when I suppose distance made the heart grow fonder.

I was surprised that I felt like that. I was probably saying it because if he did come back single – I didn’t think he would – I needed a grand gesture for him because I had such little faith in him. 

How do you feel he handled the bombshells who came into the villa?

I always used to say he does everything with good intentions, which would always be to my detriment. I would always be at the very bottom of the list. With Rebecca for example he could have squashed that quicker than he did.

Why did you choose to stay loyal to him during Casa Amor, if you say you didn’t think he would?

I did genuinely think Callum was going to bring someone back from Casa Amor. I could have coupled up with one of the new boys, just so I wasn’t standing there on my own. But I would have been forcing it and that’s not me at all.

What did you think when you first saw Callum return to the villa with Molly?

She was gorgeous. That was obviously the first thought. Listen, it must have been awful for her and it could have been any girl standing there. It wasn’t her as a person. She didn’t have any loyalty to me, he did. So in essence, she did nothing wrong.

Did you ever contemplate leaving?

I’m definitely glad I stayed for as long as I did. There wasn’t a chance of me leaving. I’m an Aries and I’m stubborn. If I was going to leave, it was either going to be by winning or by being dumped.

When did you realise you first fancied Luke M?

I didn’t know I fancied him at first, but I knew there was something there. And it was definitely the ‘Snog, Marry, Pie’ challenge when he didn’t marry me, I was thinking, ‘I was expecting you to marry me, why didn’t you marry me?’. That was kind of our running joke.

I spoke to Jess, Paige, Mike, Finn… as soon as I said it they said, ‘Oh my god, how have we not seen this?’ It was only when things didn’t work out with Natalia and I was like, ‘Oh yay’ and I thought, ‘Why am I happy about that?’ and then straight after that Demi was in there. And I was a bit like, ‘Oh no!’. It was those things that all added up to me to make me think, ‘Maybe I like him more than I say I do’.

I’m glad I went out on a genuine note and didn’t force anything with anyone else.

If you had your time again would you have dumped Callum for Luke M?

If I had my time again I’d definitely have ditched Callum sooner than Casa Amor, which would then have left me with some ‘openness’ and then I’d have probably noticed I liked Luke M a lot sooner than I did.

If you find yourself outside the villa single and Luke M is single, would you go there?

I’m definitely going to remain friends with everyone in there. I’m more than happy to carry on talking to him. Obviously depending on how things go with Demi.

Shaughna left Love Island, Shaughna, Love Island, who left, recoupling, exit, dumping, winter, latest, news, tonight, Luke M, Demi

Do you think Luke M and Demi are genuine?

I think there could be a genuine connection there. They are two of the loveliest people I’ve ever met. They’re two very good looking people and they’re honestly such sweethearts so I can only imagine those two going on to do good things.

How would you sum up your friendship with Paige?

I have literally found love in Love Island and it is with my Paige.

What was your favourite part of being in the villa?

Living with a group of friends – some best friends – day in, day out. Living in the incredible villa! My time in the villa, I wouldn’t change it for the world and I left when I needed to leave.

For all the latest Love Island news, memes and gossip like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.