Image may contain: Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Human, Person, Poster, Book, Advertisement

Your old Disney video tapes could be worth £14,000

Gutted if your mum’s thrown them out

Still have your old Disney VHS tapes? You could be well on the way to paying for your Deliveroo and ASOS addiction all year round, because it turns out they're worth a small fortune.

An original VHS of Beauty and the Beast can sell for £7,000 on eBay, and a set of 10 original Disney video tapes which are referred to as the 'Rare Black Diamond', are currently being sold for nearly £14,000 on eBay.

The Rare Black Diamond tapes are all films which were released between 1984 and 1993. These include The Rescuers, Cinderella, The Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, the Fox and the Hound, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Great Mouse Detective. So if you owned any of these as a child and think they might still be in the house somewhere, call your mum up immediately and get her to find them.

You can spot a 'Diamond' tape, by the 'Classics' logo, which is on the upper spine of the case and has a black diamond around the outside.

As well as Disney VHS tapes, original Polly Pocket sets and childhood books like Alice in Wonderland sell for thousands.

Old Harry Potter books can fetch you up to £28,000. The most elusive edition which is worth a mint is the hardcover first editions of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. There were only 500 published and 300 were put into libraries, these tend to sell from £19,000 and £28,000.

Hardcover first editions of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets tend to sell for around £6,000, and signed deluxe editions sell for roughly £1,000. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban can also sell for a lot – there was a misprint making the first editions rarer and more valuable. The value of these starts at £1,000, and can go up to £8,500.