Image may contain: Photo, Photography, Portrait, Female, Head, Smile, Person, Face, Human

A guy I went on a date with stole £1,200 from me to take his REAL girlfriend to Paris

He also used my money to buy himself Instagram likes!!!

Imagine going on a date with a guy who pretends to lose his wallet, steals your bank account details and spends £1200 of your money on his real girlfriend. Then, imagine finding out he used the stolen money to fund an entire trip to Paris (flowers, hotel and flights included) and also to pay for his bills and buy himself Instagram followers!

This is what happened to Angel from East London, who was in for a shock when an innocent date turned into one of the wildest rides of her life.

Angel revealed the entire story on a Twitter thread, which has since gone viral.

Though she cancelled her card as soon as she found out about the fraud and got the money back, Angel wanted her own revenge. She wanted this guy caught. So her friends set up a group chat investigation called #FraudBae, tracked down his flight to Paris from the easyJet booking reference which showed up in Angel's bank account and got him arrested at the airport.

But strap in and read the full story as told by Angel on Twitter. Warning: you're in for a wild ride because there are A LOT of receipts.

The story of #FraudBae, the MCM who thought he was slick but completely played himself when he met his match

"Aight, Boom, so this is a thread about how @michael_modern stole my bank details and spent over £1200 of MY money to impress HIS girlfriend, including receipts. Story time ☕️ sit tight. I have time today.

"I was a bit hesitant about exposing Michael Fehsenfeld as I didn’t want my business out like that and I just couldn’t deal with the stress of it. However he really took the piss out of my life and disrespected me to a whole new level when I was nothing but kind to him.

"Now I’m like f**k this humble, be the better person crap. This is why people feel the need to walk all over me! I’m so over it. I wanna make sure he doesn’t do this to anyone else.

They went for a date, he said he lost his wallet and she told him not to worry as she'd pay for everything that night

"Let’s start from the beginning so you can understand how I got myself into this stupid situation. We hung out for less than two months and went on a few dates. It was intense from the beginning, we got along like a house on fire. I had an inkling about some girl who lives in Bristol, but had no real evidence. I confronted him and he said she’s a ‘close friend’.

"So we planned a double date with my best friend and her man. We waiting on him and he calls to tell me he lost his wallet. I had no reason to not trust him at this point and I wasn’t ready to be a third wheel lol. He told me he would pay me back if I sort him out, so I agreed.

Image may contain: Text Message, Advertisement, Poster, Flyer, Paper, Brochure, Text

"Anyway that night I paid for everything, our entry, drinks and food. The total bill came up to like £80+. This is the night I believe he took my bank details, as he did have access to my card but he gave it back to me so it was all good. To be honest, it was actually a lit night out.

"I know this whole idea was so stupid from my part, but he told me he was a director of a company, he didn’t need my small small money! I genuinely thought he legit lost his wallet, I would have done the same for any of my friends. This is the last night time I saw him in person.

She then saw him on a night out on Snapchat, even though he "lost his wallet and ID"

"The day after he doesn’t mention anything about paying me back, that SAME evening he goes out and I’m watching him turn up on his Snapchat. So this is the same guy who lost his wallet with no bank card or ID this is when I knew, he is really taking me for a dickhead.

"I brought up the lost wallet again and still nothing. So I thought, fuck it I’m gonna end this and take the L coz my pride is too strong to be arguing about £80 with someone who clearly doesn’t rate me. Things got weird, I never mentioned the money to him, we ended it that week.

"Little did I know all of this was premeditated. He staged the lost wallet scenario so that he could get hold of my card details. He obviously planned it as the last time I saw him we were still cool, he had to gain my trust first. He was very convincing, I must applaud him on that.

After realising the "fuckboy" had a girlfriend, she wanted to forget about the entire situation

"THE NEXT DAY, he changed his profile pic to his “close friend” picture and they went on a spa weekend away, all boo’d up on his Snapchat story. At this point I realised I got finessed and I was probably one of many girls he used. I was mad at how naive I was but relieved I got out! He blocked me everywhere after that.

"My girls were fuming and kept telling me I should go to his girlfriend as a woman and expose him. I had to stop them from messaging her on my behalf so many times. It really wasn’t that deep for me.

"I had no desire or the energy to do either. I honestly just wanted peace, I got played by a fuckboy and charged it to the game. To be honest, I was more embarrassed than anything, I just wanted to forget it ever happened. I kept it moving and got over the situation.

But then the suspicious bank transactions started coming through, including an easyJet flight for £288

"About a month later I got these suspicious transactions on my bank statement, I thought that it was just some random scammer that somehow got hold of my details. I called my bank and told them, they sent me a new card and blocked my old one.

"I showed my friend a few days later and she was like there’s an easyJet payment on here and it has the flight reference on it. She grabbed her phone, a minute later she gasps and said WTF! Listen! this bitch logged into the easyJet account with the reference number. I was shook.

"Listen!! I was shaking, like bruh! The level of PISSTOCITY that went through my veins was indescribable.I was really here questioning what I could of done to deserve this much disrespect. He really didn’t care or think I was smart enough to figure it out or report it if I did.

She then made a group chat with her girls called #FraudBae to get on the case

"That’s when we went into detective mode, I made a group chat and got my girls on this. They were more pissed than I was. My friend named the groupchat #Fraudbae

Image may contain: Text

"He bragged about it on the EXACT same date the money came out my account. He also booked their hotel and the Louvre. I am no fraud expert or whatever but WHY WOULD YOU BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS A WHOLE MONTH IN ADVANCE?!? You must really think you are untouchable init?

"You didn’t even get your girl first class, she deserves better Michael! If you’re gonna do 419, do it with your chest please!

He bought tickets to Paris, booked a hotel, sent flowers to his girlfriend and bought himself Instagram likes!!

"I went on his girlfriend's Insta highlights to see if I can get more evidence, you’d never guess what I found, a bouquet of flowers he sent her recently, from …drum roll… yup you got it “Prestige Flowers”. Which also matches the timeline of my bank statement. *zoom in for surprise*

Image may contain: Flower Bouquet, Flower Arrangement, Rose, Floral Design, Pattern, Flower, Blossom, Plant, Art, Graphics

"He bought HIS girlfriend flowers with MY MONEY and sent it to her workplace as a surprise. I was ready to message her and be like 'how did you like the flowers I bought you girl?' I bet he didn’t even include my name in that card.

"The first ever transaction was 'Likesforever”' we Googled it and I honestly find this the funniest part, as Mr popularity didn’t earn all those likes on his Instagram, if you know what I mean. At least he had his priorities straight and paid his bills too – Sky subscriptions and some council and parking tickets.

"I had to play this smart, so I decided to not to confront him until I have a plan to get justice. This has now become a game of chess not checkers.

"You know what really hit me, he knows my situation. I have no immediate family in the UK, I’m 100% dependent on myself and I have people who I support financially in South Africa. I guess this made me the perfect victim but also makes you a heartless bastard! My hard work is worth LIKES to you!

"It wasn’t even about the money anymore, somebody needs to humble this guy… it’s principle! Whether I got the money back or not is totally irrelevant at this point. He underestimated me and insulted my intelligence, that shit can’t run. The police were very impressed with our investigation.

He was arrested at the airport before he could board his flight to Paris with his girlfriend

"Michael Fehsenfeld was arrested at Gatwick on the 5th October. He thought he was slick, changed his flight to a later one but we clocked & updated the police who were waiting in departures. Bless him, he was so excited as well.

Image may contain: Airport, Crowd, People, Human, Person

"My friends went to see if they could record the action. If my girls didn’t clock what he did at customer service desk (changing the flight time), he would have got away with it. He recognised them and started moving shock, look at his face.

He was locked up for 24 hours and confessed to everything

"He was locked up for over 24 hours and confessed everything in his interview. He said he did it out of spite because of how things ended between us. And admits taking advantage of me and he has never done it before. There was no way he could lie, facts are facts. You fucked up.

"I had so many questions for him. How did you know how it was gonna end? I swear you took my details when we were cool. You had a whole girlfriend, why were you so triggered by this 'traumatic' ending?! Do you even remember the last thing you said to me?!

"The case had enough evidence to go to court. Fraud on his record, suspended sentence, fine, community service. Look at it this way, I got you FREE followers now. Silver lining."

After everything came out, his girlfriend is still with him

"Ps. I spoke to his gf and they are still together, at least he found himself a ride or die, cute. I was gonna let this slide after he got arrested as karma came through for me.

Image may contain: Face, Billboard, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Poster, Text, Advertisement, Human, Person

"Until I saw this indirect Insta caption a day before he went to court and his little gasman in the comments pushed me to the edge. The lack of remorse is astounding. Might as well have spat in my eye!"

"Shout out to my crazy friends for being so on point with this investigation. This group chat was lit! I thank God for putting all of you in my life, we really went through all these emotions together!! I hope I have raised some awareness as this could happen to anybody! Trust no one!!"

Angel ended the story with: "There you have it ladies, your favourite MCM, the gyaldems fraudster… @michael_modern aka #fraudbae #catchingfeelingsandflights"

The Tab has reached out to Angel and Michael for comment.