Image may contain: Outdoors, Night

Lincoln student on trial for saying Trump’s ‘grab her by the pussy’ before allegedly raping a woman

The Lincoln student denies the charges

A University of Lincoln student has been accused of quoting Trump's "grab her by the pussy" and then preceding to allegedly rape a female student.

Hugo Penfold allegedly said: "In the words of Donald Trump, grab her by the pussy". He then grabbed the woman by her vagina and touched her on the outside of her clothes before raping her, Lincoln Crown Court heard.

The female student, who was 18 at the time and for legal reasons has remained anonymous, told Lincoln Crown Court the defendant had messaged her in the early hours of the evening asking to visit, to which she agreed. She had returned from a night out with friends in Lincoln and stated she "felt drunk but not out of control".

Whilst watching Netflix, Penfold allegedly told the woman to take off her jeans as she would be "more comfortable".

The court heard later that evening Penfold got on top of her and raped her, regardless of her asking him to stop. She told the court: "He said, 'do you want me to make this quick?'. I nodded. It lasted less than five minutes."

She claims she was “very clearly not consenting” to Penfold's actions, adding "he found it funny. I said that it wasn't funny and asked him to leave."

After Penfold left, the woman later messaged him saying: "You knew how drunk I was. You knew I said no." He reportedly replied: "Really sorry".

The University of Lincoln student denies both charges of rape and three charges of sexual assault against her between October 2016 and March 2017. Penfold states that all the sexual relations between them were consensual.

The trial is ongoing.