These are the degrees with the biggest gender pay gap for grads in the UK

Some earn up to £3,000 less

Female Architecture graduates suffer most from the gender pay gap with their male counterparts when graduating, data released by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) has revealed.

The wage gap for Architects is as high as £3,000, the statistics show. Recent grads from Agriculture, meanwhile, face a £2,500 gap, followed by Business, Law, and Combined Honours on £1,500.

HESA surveyed just over 400,000 university leavers from 2015/16, and concluded that the pay gap is not just a mid-life phenomenon: it begins in graduates’ first years at the workplace.

HESA found that “of UK domiciled leavers in full-time UK paid work, a higher proportion of males than females have salaries of £25,000 or more. The difference between the salaries of males and females is also reflected in the mean and median values”.

Legislation forcing companies with over 250 employees to publish their gender pay statistics has impacted on some of the UK’s largest companies. PwC has a gap of 13.7 per cent, it has been revealed, though even this is down from 15.2 per cent in 2016.

Of the degree subjects included in HESA’s enormous study, recent grads from Biology, Engineering, Languages, and Maths were shown to have the smallest gap, at a still notable £500.