Telford fresher wins national beauty pageant competition

She beat 14 other girls to become Miss Glamorous Beauty Teen UK

A Loughborough fresher won the Miss Glamorous Beauty Teen UK award in Cardiff last weekend.

Nicole Analise Cox, from Telford halls, managed to fend off competition from 14 other girls and bring the title home to Loughborough.

She also won three separate competition awards on top of her Beauty Queen crown.

Nicole won the competition last weekend

Before the pageant, Nicole was determined to break the stereotypes about beauty competitions.

She told The Tab: “I just want to prove you don’t have to have a particular look to do well in pageants”.

Having won the event, Nicole told us about her excitement and joy: “I was really shocked, but I am absolutely over the moon!

“It was actually a pretty chilled day.

“I was really nervous before I went on, especially for the swimwear round, but I loved it as soon as I stepped on the stage.”

Although the competition was fierce, Nicole was able to outshine her fellow contestants and bring home home three additional awards on top of her pageant victory.

She was awarded the prizes for Best Smile, Miss Catwalk and Best in Interview.

She added: “It was a long day of rehearsals and other challenges, but it was a good opportunity to get to know the other girls.

“It was such a good laugh.”

She was awarded Miss Glamourous Beauty UK, Best Smile, Miss Catwalk and Best in Interview

Despite looking expensive, Nicole’s outfits for the competition were either hand-me-downs or purchased at a car-boot sale.

She said: “I only spent around £20, which proves secondhand doesn’t mean second best.  You don’t have to spend ridiculous amounts to take part in pageants.”

Nicole is now planning for a very busy 2016, making public appearances and engaging with the local communities of both Loughborough and her home county of Wiltshire.

She also intends to continue her work in supporting local charities, adding: “I’m going to be supporting the Helping Handbags appeal which provides homeless women with hygiene products, and I hope to encourage more people to donate.”