Exec election results 2015: Meet the new team

Social media spamming will finally end

After months of planning, an exhausting 10 days of campaigning and three days of voting with a record-breaking 7752 votes, the elections for 2015 executive team have finally come to an end. 

Here are this year’s winners.

PRESIDENT – Ed Reckless

An extremely controversial week of campaigning in which it was confirmed he slapped a girl twice, Ed Reckless to beat Adam Sellers to the post for President.

Reckless Ed aims to ensure a fair representation of Loughborough students, create an awareness of what the union has to offer and to simplify access to the union and executive.

VP ACTION – Rosie Harvey

Rosie “girl on fire” Harvey managed to gain the position of VP Action.

She plans to improve the use of media in the section and to engage students looking for course-related projects.

VP RAG – Rachael Lynch

With a huge win, the newly elected VP rag is Rachael “Lionheart” Lynch.

She plans to unite the union sections by having an open door policy where students can recommend any charity that matters to them and introduce innovative events to involve those who haven’t previously got involved in RAG.

Rachael also wants to provide training for reps and team leaders in order to improve support given to volunteers within the section.

VP SPORT – Luke Thompson

Possibly the most contested position this year, Luke “Skywalker” Thompson is elected to take over from Steffan Lloyd.

Luke says he’ll introduce mid-season trials in order to “facilitate development from IMS, Society, and Departmental sport” and work with VP media to increase coverage of Loughborough’s AU Sport.

VP WELFARE AND DIVERSITY – Gemma Lomas

There was tough competition between the two candidates but Gemma “Little Miss” Lomas will be the next VP Welfare and Diversity.

Her manifesto promises to work to bring clarity to the welfare structure, engage students who don’t care about the union and work with Action and RAG to will more students to get involved in charity.

VP UNION AFFAIRS – Max Crawford

Your newly-elected candiadate for VP Union Affairs is Max “Smile” Crawford.

He wants to emphasise communication between students and the Exec, constantly reassessing the opportunities on offer so everyone feels they have the ability to get involved within the union.

VP MEDIA – Bryn Wilkes

With the threat of R.O.N looming above his head, Bryn “Burgundy” Wilkes managed to win a majority of votes and will be staying on in the position for a second year.

The re-elected candidate says he will continue his work and says his most important aim is to tighten the relationship between LSU media and the uni.

VP EDUCATION – Kailey Hazeldene

Another position with only one candidate, Kailey “Rapunzeldene” Hazeldene managed to gain a majority of the votes and win the position against R.O.N.

Kailey claims she will work towards introducing a “VP Education Question Time” and stop exam bunching with the possibility of Saturday exams.

VP FINANCE AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES – James Bowker

James “and the Giant Peach” Bowker won against Charlie Staunton.

Second year James says he will look to publicise the Board of Trustees more, establish Hall and Department Students Federation as recognisable bodies and build a long-term strategic financial relationship with the uni.

VP SOCIETIES – Jenna Holmes

Among three worthy candidates, Jenna “Sherlock” Holmes managed to win the majority of votes and gain the position.

She claims she will reward those on committees, give society members a chance to try something new and help students find friends and a place to fit in.