Cardiff Uni ranked ninth best university in the UK according to new league table

It was even ranked higher than Cambridge Uni

A new league table recently revealed its ranking of the UK’s top 100 universities in which it ranked Cardiff University as ninth.

The table created by Rate My Placement considered nine factors which ultimately gave Cardiff Uni an overall score of 91.82. These factors included student satisfaction, graduate prospects, average weekly accommodation costs, costs of an “inexpensive” meal, cost of a pint, cost of a one-way ticket on local transport, cost of a monthly fitness membership, and of course the number of nightclubs in each university city.

Cardiff Uni scored highly on student satisfaction (88.17) and also scored joint cheapest out of the top 10 with Leeds Uni when it came to the average cost of a one-way ticket on local transport. Although overtaken by Newcastle and Leeds University in terms of the number of nightclubs, Cardiff also scored well when it came to graduate prospects with a score of 84.21.

Cardiff Uni also ranked joint fifth out of the top 10 universities for inexpensive meals and some good news for gym goers as Cardiff is the 4th cheapest for the cost of a monthly fitness membership.

However, Cardiff was not the only Welsh uni to score well in this league table. Aberystwyth Uni came 11th and Swansea Uni also made the top 20 in 18th place. Whilst Bangor didn’t make it into the top 100 league table, it is the ninth cheapest UK university for accommodation.

Related stories recommend by this writer:

The top venues in Cardiff to watch the Six Nations this year 

Chicken lovers rejoice: Popeyes is opening its first Welsh branch in Cardiff next month

An Australian-inspired yoga and coffee bar has opened in Cardiff Bay