So, where is TikTok ‘cult’ 7M founder Robert Shinn now and what has he said about the claims?

The case against him is set to go on trial next year

Dr Robert Shinn. It’s a name you’ve probably become very familiar with recently, as you dig into Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult on Netflix. The series claims Shinn is running a cult-like church-come-management company, called 7M, where members are told to cut ties with their family members.

Shekinah Church pastor Robert Shinn founded 7M Films in 2021, and took in 11 TikTok dancers who he and his wife managed. Then began claims the group was a “cult” as family members of those involved said they had been unable to contact their loved ones. Former members of the Shekinah Church have spoken out and claim they were encouraged to cut off loved ones in order to guarantee them a place in heaven.

One of the main focuses of the Netflix doc is the Wilking family, who have claimed daughter Miranda Wilking is living under the “cult”. As well as these claims, in 2023, three dancers sued Shinn, accusing him of taking advantage of them. Others have also accused Shinn of sexual and financial coercion.

So, what’s the latest on Robert Shinn? Here’s what we know.

Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult, Robert Shinn

via Netflix

Where is Robert Shinn now?

The end of Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult gives a short insight into Robert Shinn now. It states he was approached for comment from documentary makers, but did not respond.

As of today, no criminal charges have been brought against Shinn. He has previously denied sexually abusing any member of Shekinah or any client of 7M. The civil lawsuit is ongoing, and Robert and his co-defendants deny the claims against them. The case is set to go to trial in 2025.

Miranda Wilking and the other dancers still make content exclusively with those believed to be affiliated with 7M founder, Robert Shinn.

via Netflix

What has Robert Shinn said about claims 7M is a ‘TikTok cult’?

Robert Shinn has always denied any wrongdoing, and the claims 7M is a “cult”. In 2022, he said there are no business affiliations between the church and 7M. “You do not have to be a member of the Shekinah Church to be represented by 7M, nor do you have to be represented by 7M to be a member of the Shekinah Church,” his statement read. “Any claims to the contrary are simply wrong.”

In statement to The Daily Mail, a representative for 7M Films and Robert Shinn said: “The false and sensational allegations about 7M stem directly from a dispute between 7M-represented dancer Miranda Derrick [previously Wilking] and her estranged family.

“Despite her family’s claims, Miranda is a successful businesswoman and a loving wife and daughter who cares very much about her family. It is pathetic and contemptible to try to turn her private family matters into a tawdry public scandal for clicks and clout.

“While the recent portrayals of Dr Robert Shinn and 7M Films have been wildly offensive and riddled with inaccuracies, those false claims will not deter 7M from supporting Miranda in whichever endeavours she chooses to pursue next.”

Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.