MAFS Australia alcohol

Inside the sneaky alcohol trick the MAFS Australia cast do when they don’t want to be filmed

They’re crafty geniuses for this

It’s always fascinating trying to work out a reality TV show’s rules when it comes to drinking alcohol. Love Island famously only allows its Islanders two drinks a night now, but on MAFS Australia the alcohol rules are a bit more freewheeling. And now the MAFS Australia cast have revealed a sneaky trick they do regarding alcohol when they don’t want any footage of them to be used in the edit. It’s so sneaky!

With all the drama surrounding Sara meeting up with her ex, there was a moment when she was being confronted by Eden and Jayden and she looked directly into the camera and asked for a glass of wine. Former MAFS Australia cast member Alyssa Barmonde spoke on the Yahoo Lifestyle podcast  and said she believes this is a tactic to make sure footage isn’t used in the final edit.

“You saw Sara ask, ‘Can I have a glass of wine?’, because they probably would’ve removed the wine at that point,” Barmonde explains.

“If you’re too drunk, they can’t use your footage. So if you’re slurring your words and you’re really messy, they can’t use that footage,” she added. “I think it’s just if you look a little bit messy or if you look a little bit too drunk [they’ll cut you off].”

2023 bride Melinda Willis echoed the same sentiment, explaining

“You’re meant to have like, roughly two glasses, but they really just cut you off when you start not being able to do a voxie which is your chat to camera,” she said.

“So if you didn’t want to do your chat to camera, you would just drink or act drunk and then if you couldn’t string your sentences together they’d be like, ‘Thanks so much’. And you know it’s not going to be used because they can’t use it.”

Oooo they’re devious, these MAFS casts

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.