Jamie Lynn Spears does she speak to Britney

Ok, here’s what Jamie Lynn Spears’ relationship with Britney is actually like now

She finally spoke about her sister on I’m A Celeb

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! is back for another season of terrorising celebrities with  insects-heavy challenges in the Australian jungle. And Britney Spears’ little sister, Jamie Lynn, is one of the ten stars who’re braving the Bush Tucker Trials to become Queen of the jungle.

Yet when Jamie Lynn introduced herself, she didn’t mention her famous family: “I’m best known for being an actress and a singer!” she claimed, and later dodged her camp mates’ questions about her famous family, with no mention at all of her sister until somebody else mentioned her.

And, after Jamie Lynn side-stepped talking about her sister, it’s no surprise everyone is now Googling “does Jamie Lynn Spears still speak to Britney”. So, in case you’re confused too, here’s everything you need to know about what Jamie Lynn and Britney have said about how their relationship is now:

So, does Jamie Lynn actually still speak to her sister Britney?

In her memoir Women In Me, which was released last month, Britney shed some light on the relationship between her and Jamie Lynn. The sisters had a pretty public feud in 2022 after Britney became angry over Jamie Lynn’s book Things I Should Have Said, and a TV interview she did where she claimed Britney locked her in a room “with a knife”.

“Jamie Lynn…congrats babe! You’ve stooped to a whole new level of LOW,” Britney wrote on Twitter at the time. “I’ve never been around you ever with a knife or would I ever even think to do such!!! Please stop with these crazy lies for the Hollywood books.”

In her own book Women In Me, Britney revealed she felt ‘really let down’ by Jamie Lynn. Britney claimed that while she was being held in a mental health facility under her conservatorship, she texted Jamie and asked her to help her get out. “Stop fighting it. There’s nothing you can do about it, so stop fighting it,” she wrote back.

Jamie Lynn Spears does she still speak to Britney

Credit: Shutterstock

However, it seems like the sister’s relationship has improved since then and they even went on holiday together this summer. And despite criticising Jamie Lynn in her memoir, Britney also reveals why she’ll never fully cut off Jamie Lynn:

“My sister and I should have found comfort in each other, but unfortunately that hasn’t been the case,” she writes. “As I was fighting the conservatorship and receiving a lot of press attention, she was writing a book capitalising on it. She rushed out salacious stories about me, many of them hurtful and outrageous. I was really let down.”

Acknowledging Jamie Lynn’s own struggles, she adds: “She will always be my sister, and I love her and her beautiful family. I’m working to feel more compassion than anger toward her and toward everyone who I feel has wronged me. It’s not easy.”

Does Jamie Lynn Spears still speak to Britney

Credit: ITV

And on Monday night’s episode of I’m A Celeb, Jamie Lynn finally opened up to Fred Sirieix slightly about Britney, saying: “I think every family fights and has their stuff but I talked to her (Britney) before I came here and we love each other.”

Recommended stories by this writer:

‘The loves of my life’: Inside Britney’s relationship with her sons Jayden and Sean

• Justin Timberlake to Colin Farrell: Every big revelation from Britney Spears’ book so far 

• Why Britney Spears fans think Everytime is about her abortion with Justin Timberlake

Featured image credit via ITV/REX/Shutterstock