Here’s why Megan Barton-Hanson was forced to quit Love Island Games for medical reasons

‘The last five days have been hell’

During the most recent episode of Love Island Games, it was revealed UK Islander Megan Barton-Hanson had been forced to leave the show early for medical reasons.

During Sunday’s episode, Iain Stirling briefly made an announcement to say Megan wasn’t going to be on the show, but nothing more was said about why or what had happened. Love Island Games didn’t address what the “medical reasons” were, but Kyra, who Megan had been getting to know, said “sickness” had affected their relationship.

Kyra said: “I’m okay. It’s mean definitely upsetting… just obviously on different pages and I haven’t been really able to get on the same page because she’s been sick and out of here.”

However, because Love Island Games is prerecorded, people have gone back to what Megan was posting about health-wise a couple of months ago, and believe this may have been what her absence was down to.

Megan Barton-Hanson quit Love Island Games for medical reasons

via Peacock / Love Island Games

In September this year, Megan spoke about being “in hell” with ongoing health issues and suffering from pelvic inflammatory disease. Pelvic inflammatory disease is an infection of the upper genital tract, including the womb, ovaries and connecting tubes.

On Instagram, Megan said: “Which of my queens have ever suffered from pelvic inflammatory disease? I ‘d never heard of it but think I may have had my first experience. I’ve not had pain/fever quite like it the last five days have been hell… If you have good Essex/London-based gynaecologist recommendations please let me know or any tips or remedies for the pain and to stop it from reoccurring.”

Megan and Love Island Games have not confirmed this is what the “medical reasons” cited on the show were, but filming for the series did also take place in September. It’s not yet been confirmed if Megan will return to the villa.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook