mafs porscha spoon

Porscha speaks out about MAFS UK spoon argument and explains the spoon was actually dirty

Finally we can put the spoon to bed

Porscha has finally revealed her side of the spoon argument, sharing her side of the story after her turbulent honeymoon with Terence.

After what felt like a lifetime, the Married At First Sight UK spoon drama has finally blown over, with Porscha telling Radio Times what happened from her point of view. We thought we’d never see the day the MAFS Porscha and Terence spoon saga would end. While we all live and breathe for the MAFS drama, I think we all resonated with Jay when she said: “It’s a f**cking metal spoon man”. She took the words right out of our mouths.

Porscha has now spoken out about the drama, explaining that the night everything kicked off about the spoon had been “a very long day” with the pair spending hours travelling and filming, and that viewers only got to see 15 minutes of her and Terence’s Morocco honeymoon, which was actually six days long.

mafs porscha spoon

via Channel 4

After Terence and Porscha’s honeymoon argument at the dinner table, where Porscha declined a spoon from her husband during a row, the couple took a while to get back ok track but have since made up. They even entered Wednesday’s commitment ceremony holding hands and joking with one another after a promising chat with the Experts on the couch. So all finally seems to be well.

When asked about the spoon issue and what happened, MAFS Porscha explained the spoon drama and said the serving spoon Terence offered her had actually been used, and that’s why she didn’t want to use it. She told Radio Times: “It was literally just [that] I asked the waiter for a serving spoon, because I saw there was a spoon on the table, but it had been used and I’m quite a germaphobe.

“I’m not saying that it had been physically used by him, but he had used it to pick something else, like another food. I just don’t do that. I don’t mix between, like, sauces.”

She continued: “I asked the waiter if I can have a spoon. He was like, ‘There’s a spoon here,’ offering me the spoon, and I said, ‘It’s okay,’ and then he called me childish. That, to me, came out of left field, because I was like, ‘Whoa, how did we get here?'”

Porscha further went on to say that that while people may think she was blowing it out of proportion, she doesn’t come from “a background where insults are okay”.

“I think people thought that I was blowing it out of proportion, but for me, there’s no need for insults. If you don’t like the way I’m behaving, you can pull me up and be like, ‘Porscha, I feel like you’re being a bit hostile,’ and we can talk about it. But I don’t come from a background where insults are okay.”

mafs porscha spoon

via Channel 4

We saw the MAFS bride break down in tears in front of the Experts, explaining that it wasn’t the spoon itself she was upset about but the insults she felt she endured. Porscha further explained: “It doesn’t have to be profane language to be an insult, for me it’s just coming from my character, calling me up by name, anything like that. It’s a complete bottom line for me.

The latest commitment ceremony say both Terence and Porscha choose to stay in the experiment, both signing off their note with a kiss. So finally, I think we can safely say that spoon-gate is behind us.

MAFS UK 2023 continues tonight on E4. For more like this MAFS Porscha spoon drama, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.

• Shona has spoken out for the first time about Brad’s treatment of her on MAFS UK

• Okay, so what do all of Brad from MAFS UK’s face tattoos actually mean?

Women’s Aid issues statement about Brad’s ‘controlling behaviour’ on Married At First Sight

Featured image before edits via Channel 4.