Kai Sanam Love Island racist

Love Island’s Kai and Sanam respond to racist comment calling them ‘curry munchers’

The winners have clapped back after getting the abuse on Kai’s TikTok

Winter Love Island winners Kai Fagan and Sanam Harrinanan have clapped back after a vile racist comment was left on their social media.

The 2023 winter Love Island series winners have spoken out a lot recently about how they feel like they aren’t given the same treatment and opportunities as other winners of the show, but this racist comment Kai and Sanam have received is disgusting. After a comment was left on Kai’s TikTok calling the two “curry munchers”, Kai replied directly to the racist comment with a new video response with Sanam.

@kaifagan_

Replying to @gravyboat150 Who doesnt love a curry?

♬ original sound – Kai Fagan

Tucking into a fit looking plate of curry and rice, Kai says “You know what gravy boat? You’re not wrong!” With the two loved up icons ‘mmm’ing enthusiastically.

It’s actually despicable that people have these racist attitudes and feel it’s their bigoted place to bring it to Kai and Sanam’s doorstep. Kai has previously recently opened up about the different treatment he feels he and Sanam got after winning the show,

“People have asked us, ‘why did you never get daytime TV when you came out the villa’,” Kai began in the clip. “‘Why did you never do photoshoots in the tabloids?’ And the answer is we don’t know. We have no answer to that. We don’t really know why all previous Love Island winners before us, and after us, got opportunities.

“There’s no justification for it. I feel like since we’ve come out the villa all we’ve done is spend time with each other.” Sanam added that since the show they’ve focused on finding and building a home together, which Kai added has been “the most important thing to us.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.