Love Island edit

All the times Love Islanders have said they were edited badly on the show

They have certainly not held back!

No matter reality TV show a person goes on, they will always be edited in order for the episode to fit an hour and someone will always find a way to call it out. Most people who go onto Love Island are well aware that their conversations may not be shown all the time given producers have to cut up 24 hours of footage into one but that doesn’t stop them from making a point about it.

Over the years, a number of former Islanders have called out the show for how they were edited on the series whether it be a matter of not being shown enough or scenes being cut that could provide a lot of context for viewers. Here are all the times former Love Island contestants called out the show for their edit.

Brad McClelland

Brad starred on Love Island 2021 and while he wasn’t in there for very long, he has weighed in on the portrayal of some of the Islanders on his season.

Speaking to Gavin McKinney on a podcast, Brad let it rip when it came to talking about how people are shown on the show.

“Some people get portrayed in a certain way that is, like, completely not them,” he explained. “If you have a moment when you’re going mad, that’ll get emphasised and everyone is like he’s a f**king nut job, like, just because they’ve had a 30 second outburst out of a 24 hour day.”

The former Islander went on to say even though it seemed like he and Faye didn’t get along, that wasn’t always the case.

“There was a lot of things where it looked like me and Faye hated each other, but we got along very well in there,” he said.

Sharon Gaffka

Following her time in the Love Island villa, Sharon said she didn’t think she was accurately portrayed on the show.

During an Instagram Q&A, Sharon was asked if she thought she was accurately portrayed on the show and she replied: “To be quite blunt about this, no, but it happens because it’s a show and it’s reality TV.”

Tanya Manhenga

Tanya appeared on the second winter Love Island series and was often shown as the villain of the series given her Casa Amor antics. Since starring on the series, Tanya has said she felt her “edit” was unfair.

Having watched the show back, Shaq said Tanya isn’t “this big, bad villain that people think she was. She is honestly the nicest, kindest girl I’ve ever met and I wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t the case,” he told OK!, with Tanya agreeing.

The former finalist said: “You can tell from when we had villa votes to outside votes, we never got picked because we were actually decent. And they could tell how I am because they know how I am. But then obviously on the screen, it can be different. But yeah, I think I got a pretty bad edit because that’s not me.”

Billy Brown

Billy’s Love Island journey is much like any Casa Amor Islander, gets brought back into the main villa but is quickly pied off.

After being dumped from the show, Billy claimed his Love Island edit made him look bad. He addresses that his romance with Danica began differently than how viewers were shown.

“I got shown apparently, like with the Danica thing, the only chat they showed is after I saw her in the gym. We had about five conversations before that. That wasn’t the first time I set eyes on the sneaker,” he said on a podcast.

“That’s what annoyed me because I’ve been told this, I’ve watched it, but apparently the only time I started talking to Danica and start moving to her after I saw her in the gym, but they don’t show a thirty minute conversation we had before the gym – me inviting her to the gym having banter.

“They just show me looking at our stretching going phwoar. Yeah, but that comes across so bad, like dreadful but yeah.”

Danny Bibby

If you’re a huge fan of Love Island, you may remember bombshell Danny Bibby who was on the show for a short while. Speaking about his time in the Love Island villa, Danny has commented about his edit, claiming he was edited in a certain way to make a storyline.

“I can’t emphasise enough how the show is made to be a show for entertainment,” he said in a TikTok video.

“If someone come in being the bad boy, whatever you want to call it, not ruffling some feathers and they showed me laughing and joking with Kaz, messing around with everyone all day, it wouldn’t fit the storyline. So they’ve got to edit it to go with the storyline.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.