The Holiday cast now

This is what the cast of The Holiday are up to now, 16 years since the film was released

Kate Winslet hasn’t aged a day

The Holiday is a Christmas film many of us don’t realise how long it truly is until we begin watching it. Regardless, it’s a movie we still hold dear to our hearts and in the highest rankings of the best Christmas film ever. With a truly all star cast, The Holiday is a Christmas film that’ll never get old and will always leaving you wondering why Jack Black was ever in it. 16 years on since it first premiered, the cast have been up to a lot, whether it’s starring in Hollywood blockbusters or collecting awards of their roles in said blockbusters, there is a lot to be adored. Here is what the cast of The Holiday are up to now:

Jude Law – Graham

Graham is Iris’ older brother and eventual love interest of Amanda, and he is played by Jude Law. There is much to be adored about Jude Law in The Holiday, just look at him! In recent years, Law has starred in the Fantastic Beasts movies as Professor Albus Dumbledore. He also made his way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe as he starred as Yon-Rogg in the 2019 movie Captain Marvel.

Jude is father to our favourite TikTok nepotism baby, Iris Law. Jude was married to fashion designer Sadie Frost from 1997 until 2003, but is now married to Phillipa Coan and has been since 2019.

Cameron Diaz – Amanda

Our queen and saviour Cameron Diaz played the role of Amanda and was just a mood throughout the entire film. Diaz was already an established actor before starring in The Holiday, mainly for her roles in Shrek, There’s Something About Mary and Charlie’s Angels. After The Holiday, Diaz went on to star in What Happens in Vegas and My Sister’s Keeper. Over the years, Cameron Diaz has also starred in Bad Teacher, The Other Woman and Sex Tape.

In 2014, Cameron Diaz retired from acting after starring as Miss Hannigan in the Annie remake, and said the move brought her “a peace in my soul”.

Kate Winslet – Iris

Kate Winslet played Iris, who we all have related to at some point in the past. Winslet was already an incredibly respected actress in Hollywood for her role in the 1997 movie Titanic alongside Leonardo DiCaprio. Over the years, Winslet has appeared in more Hollywood blockbusters than you could want to count. Kate starred in The Dressmaker in 2015, as well as The Mountain Between Us, Divergent and is set to star in the upcoming Avatar movie.

Kate has been married two times in the past and is currently in her third marriage to Edward Abel Smith. They have been married for 10 years and they have a son together called Bear Blaze Winslet.

Jack Black – Miles

Jack Black may have been an unusual casting for The Holiday but he’s still an icon nonetheless. A couple of years after starring in The Holiday, Jack voiced the role of Po in Kung Fu Panda and has done so in multiple movies over the years. Jack Black has also starred as the lead in the Goosebumps movies as well as the new Jumanji movies alongside Kevin Hart, Dwayne Johnson and Karen Gillan. He is also set to star in the upcoming Super Mario Bros movie.

Jack black has been married to Tanya Haden since 2006 and they have two children together called Thomas and Samuel.

Rufus Sewell – Jasper

Rufus Sewell played Jasper, Iris’ horrid ex-boyfriend. Over the years Rufus has starred in a number of movies, however none have done as well as The Holiday. Rufus starred alongside Jenna Coleman in the British TV series Victoria. He also starred in The Tourist, Judy and more recently was in Baz Luhrman’s Elvis.

Eli Wallach – Arthur

Eli Wallach played the role of Arthur, the screenwriter whom Iris befriends. Eli sadly passed away in 2014 but after The Holiday he starred in The Ghost Writer and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

Miffy Englefield – Sophie

Miffy Englefield played the role of Sophie, Graham’s youngest daughter. Imagine being six and acting alongside Jude Law and Kate Winslet? It really doesn’t get much better than that. The Tab spoke to Miffy back in 2021, and she said filming The Holiday “was amazing”. Miffy hasn’t been in a lot since The Holiday but starred in Beautiful Enough in 2011.

Edward Burns – Ethan

Another ex-boyfriend we’ve probably all encountered in our lives is Amanda’s ex, Ethan. Edward Burns played the role of Ethan and over the years has starred in some pretty cool movies. In 2008, he starred alongside Katherine Heigl in 27 Dresses. Edward has also featured in Summer Days, Summer Nights, Friends with Kids and Newlyweds.

Shannyn Sossamon – Maggie

Maggie was Miles’ girlfriend in The Holiday, and she was played by Shannyn Sossamon. In 2008, Shannyn starred alongside Edward Burns in the horror movie One Missed Call. In the last few years, Shannyn has starred in Sinister 2, Grimcutty and The Jesuit.