There’s a documentary version of The Good Nurse case coming to Netflix this month too

The documentary uses real life interviews with those closest to the case, and drops next week

Since its release on Netflix, drama film The Good Nurse has been in the top position in Netflix’s list of top 10 films. Now, Netflix has a documentary version of the story told in The Good Nurse coming out too.

The 94-minute documentary feature will tell the horrific story of what Charles Cullen did, but this time from the perspectives of the real life people closest to the case. Cullen admitted to killing between 30 and 40 of his patients whilst working as a nurse, but the number of victims is estimated to be closer to 400. This would make Charles Cullen the most prolific serial killer in US history.

It was a friend who worked alongside Cullen, called Amy Loughren, who would be the one to help police bring the killer to justice.

The Good Nurse on Netflix

via Netflix

Capturing the Killer Nurse is a documentary version of the drama film Netflix just released, The Good Nurse

Charles Cullen was an experienced registered nurse, trusted and beloved by his colleagues at Somerset Medical Center in New Jersey. He was also one of history’s most prolific serial killers, who potentially killed in the hundreds of people, across multiple medical facilities.

His crimes were committed over a period of 16 years, before he was found out and arrested in 2003. He was brought in for one first-degree murder and one attempted murder, and the next day, shocked officers by telling them there were so many more. Cullen admitted to killing between 30 and 40 of his patients, but this number is believed to be closer to 400.

In 2006, Charles Cullen was convicted of 29 murders and given 11 life sentences. He agreed to work with investigators to identify all of his victims, if they would refrain from giving him the death penalty. Charles Cullen will never be released from prison. He is serving 11 consecutive life terms, which totals 397 years, and he is not eligible for parole until 2388.

The documentary is called Capturing the Killer Nurse, and uses interviews with the nurses who blew the whistle on their coworker, the detectives who cracked the case, and audio from Cullen himself as it unravels the twisted path to his conviction.

Documentary coming to Netflix about The Good Nurse case, Capturing The Killer Nurse

via Netflix

The real life Amy Loughren, who is the nurse who was friends with Cullen before agreeing to help investigators bring him to justice, features in the documentary. She tells her story about growing close with Cullen, what he was like, and then how she made sure he was found out for his crimes.

Capturing the Killer Nurse will be available on Netflix from November 11th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.