TikTokers have been calling Gemma Owen’s new PLT range ‘mundane’ and ‘basic’

One person on Twitter said the range was ‘mediocre’

Love Island’s Gemma Owen has launched her first PrettyLittleThing range and fans have been dragging it on social media. With some fans saying it wasn’t promoted as much, others have been displeased with the items itself. The 19-year-old signed a six-figure deal with the fast fashion brand last month and said the partnership was “a dream come true”. Gemma Owen’s new PLT range has a sense of maturity to it, but those on social media are not so keen on it.

@prettylittlething

Introducing our newest brand ambassador @gemowen_1 🤩✨ The edit has just dropped on site! Shop via the link in our bio #pltxgemmaowen

♬ France Accordion Swing – MIZUSATO Masaki

Gemma Owen’s PLT range is an autumnal type style edit and it has not sat well with fans as they have taken to social media to express their dislike for the clothing range. One user on TikTok shared her thoughts on Gemma’s PLT edit and honestly, she said what we were all thinking.

Discussing one of the outfits in the edit, Lucy said: “Let’s remember she is 19. It’s giving audition for Real Housewives of Cheshire. This is something I’d see one of those mothers wear. I get she is trying to give off this mature aesthetic and she wants to present herself very well but it’s giving very much mundane and boring.”

@lucycsm

gemma ownens pretty little thing edit is giving horse mum who needs to go pick up the kids #fyp #EndlessJourney #viral #prettylittlething #plt #gemmaowen

♬ original sound – Lucy’s Cabaret

Lucy continued to say one of the outfits in the ending gave off the vibe of a PTA meeting and called it extremely basic. One user said on Twitter the collection was “mediocre”.

Alongside criticisms, many fans have expressed their disappointment over the lack of promotion Gemma’s new collection actually got. In a comment on Instagram, one user said: “The build up to Gemma’s edit is so underwhelming. What’s going on?”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.