russell-group-universities-profits

The Russell Group unis that raked in the most profit in the 2020/21 academic year

Edi Uni made a whopping £127.3m profit

New data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) has revealed just how much profit universities are making right now.

In the 2020/21 academic year, The University of Edinburgh recorded the highest profit of any Russell Group uni: £127.3m.

In second place, and also doing their bit for Scotland, was The University of Glasgow, recording profits of £117.3m.

Just three Russell Group universities recorded losses during the same time period. They were the University of York (-£8.2m), The University of Leeds (-£10.7m) and The University of Exeter (-£11.3m).

Here’s a full ranking of the Russell Group unis that made the most and least profit in the 2020/21 academic year:

Data: HESA finance data for 2020/21  academic year, calculated as total income minus total expenditure