Love Island Paige Thorne paramedic

Love Island star Paige Thorne is going back to her paramedic day job

‘I saw an ambulance the other day with sirens on and I had serious FOMO’

OG Islander Paige Thorne has confirmed she will be returning to her day job as a paramedic following her time on Love Island. Paige placed fifth place in the competition with Adam Collard, and the two are now in a relationship with one another.

Speaking on Lorraine, Paige went into detail on her next steps in her life following being thrusted into stardom. She said: “Personally for me, I’ve got a meeting to go back to paramedic work as well so that will be exciting. I saw an ambulance the other day with sirens on and I had serious FOMO. So I’m going to back into that a little bit and see what opportunities come from that.” Paige isn’t the first NHS worker to have gone onto Love Island and return to their job, as Dr Alex George, Rachel Fenton and Priya Gopaldas all did the same.

Love Island Paige Thorne paramedic

When asked if people would be surprised she would be making a return, Paige said: “It’s one of those things. I genuinely love my job so why wouldn’t I want to go back to it? I really enjoyed it but I’ll have other things alongside it.” Before heading into the villa, Paige didn’t tell any of her colleagues about it. “They’ve all be super supportive and it’ll be nice to see everyone when I go back,” she added.

Other Islanders from this season have also announced they would be making a return to their career post reality TV fame, including Coco Lodge, who has gone back to her shot girling job.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.