Love Island denies claims Jacques was kicked off the show for mocking Tasha’s voice

The claims came from a series of messages in a WhatsApp group

Love Island bosses have denied the claims that Jacques was removed from the villa after he mocked fellow Islander Tasha Ghouri following rumours circulating on social media. In a now deleted tweet, false allegations went viral across Twitter of a series of messages that claimed Jacques was removed from the villa for misogynistic behaviour and mocking Tasha for being deaf. Jacques made the decision to leave the villa last month after he “couldn’t cope” being in the villa.

The user claimed they knew someone’s partner who worked at the Love Island afterparty and found out “sensational gossip”. One message read: “So Jacques was removed from the villa. When he was told he was going he apparently threw an absolute fit and threatened to put them on blast to the papers and they eventually agreed they would give him that big grand exit and pull the mental health card so it made him look better to the public.”

They claimed the reason the ex-rugby player was removed from the villa was “for being misogynistic and doing a deaf impression of Tasha during the fight between him and Adam”.

Love Island and ITV has denied the claims about Jacques, saying they are completely false. When Jacques left the villa last month, a spokesperson said: “Jacques has made the decision to leave the villa. He will explain his reasons to the Islanders during tonight’s episode. We fully support his decision and look forward to seeing what’s next for Jacques. In an interview, Jacques opened up about his mental health struggles and said Love Island was the “worst decision” of his life.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.