love island fake followers

These are the 2022 Islanders who have the largest percentage of fake Instagram followers

How do they already have so many ?!

Whilst all Islanders go off to do varying different things after leaving the villa, one thing is certain and that is they will all gain a load of Instagram followers. Obviously, some are more popular than others with Ekin-Su already having surpassed two million followers, but they all end up with some degree of loyal Insta fans.

Or so we thought, but this year’s Love Island cast actually have hundreds of thousands of fake Instagram followers. By using Modash which analyses Instagram accounts’ follower rates, PostBeyond found that, surprisingly, controversial Islander Luca has the least with only 9.3 per cent of his followers being fake.

So, with 3,699,282 fake followers between them, here are the Islanders from this year with the largest amount of fake followers on Instagram, ranked from lowest to highest per cent:

Luca Bish – 9.3 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.1 million

Amount of fake followers: 102,630

Despite so much controversy surrounding him whilst he was in the villa, Luca is the Islander with the least amount of fake followers with only 9.3 per cent of his more than one million followers fake.

Paige Thorne – 10.7 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.1 million

Amount of fake followers: 117,590

Since she’s left the show, rumours have circulated about Paige’s behaviour towards the other girls in the villa but she has still managed to rack up over a million Instagram followers, 10.7 per cent of which is fake.

Dami Hope – 12 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 534,000

Amount of fake followers: 65,362

Next up is the well-dressed, smooth-talking Dami who only has 12 per cent fake followers out of his whopping 1.2 million total following.

Jacques O’Neill – 12.5 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.2 million

Amount of fake followers: 150,240

Jacques has 12.5 per cent fake followers and now he’s no longer waiting for Paige, maybe he can slide into some of his real followers’ DMs.

Davide Sanclimenti – 13.2 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.4 million

Amount of fake followers: 184,660

The self-proclaimed Italian snack who won not only the show but the nation’s hearts in the process with his goofy one liners has only 13.2 per cent fake followers. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be following those abs?

Ikenna Ekwonna – 14.6 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 214,000

Amount of fake followers: 31,287

Ikenna was the chilled-out king of the villa, and was so laid back that I don’t think he’d care that 14.6 per cent of his Instagram following is fake.

Indiyah Polak – 14.8 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 637,000

Amount of fake followers: 94,403

Indiyah had the whole nation backing her when Dami tripped up in Casa Amor so it’s no shock that she ranks low on this list with only 14.8 per cent fake followers.

Antigoni Buxton – 14.8 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 607,000

Amount of fake followers: 90,079

Coming in as a bombshell, Antigoni was only in the villa briefly before she was booted out by her fellow Islanders. Since having made a return to her one-true-love of music, 14.8 per cent of her followers are fake.

Gemma Owen – 14.9 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 1.5 million

Amount of fake followers: 223,050

Potentially the new nation’s sweetheart, Gemma has 14.9 per cent fake followers. The followers might be fake but I know they’re all united in saying: dump him x

Tasha Ghouri – 15 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 962,000

Amount of fake followers: 143,915

Tasha is possibly the best dressed Islander of all time and really had a redemption arc during the show which saw her follower count shoot up to nearly a million, 15 per cent of which are fake.

Adam Collard – 15.9 per cent fake followers 

Total amount of followers: 1.1 million

Amount of fake followers: 175,230

Why the producers sent Adam back into the villa I don’t know, but if it wasn’t the most desperate attempt at clout chasing then I don’t know what is. His attempt at becoming relevant again clearly failed as he has nearly 16 per cent fake followers.

Amber Beckford – 16.5 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 156,000

Amount of fake followers: 25,802

Amber wasn’t in the show for very long and was dumped from the villa after the public voted for their favourite Islanders. Maybe if she had more real followers and not 16.5 per cent of fake ones more people would have voted for her to stay.

Andrew Le Page – 31.4 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 570,000

Amount of fake followers: 178,980

Andrew has over 30 per cent fake Instagram followers but who cares because Tasha’s iconic dad called him “son-in-law material” and that’s all that matters.

Danica Taylor – 35.6 per cent fake followers 

Total amount of followers: 496,000

Amount of fake followers: 176,476

Danica might have spoken like she was the manager of HR but she deserved better in the villa, and she also deserves better than 35.6 per cent fake followers.

Summer Botwe – 42.8 per cent fake followers 

Total amount of followers: 164,000

Amount of fake followers: 70,192

Summer’s not over but her time in the villa sure was after Dami recoupled with Indiyah again, leaving her single without having made a connection until her final days. She also seems to be making a lack of connection on Instagram as well, where she has 42.8 per cent fake followers.

Coco Lodge – 49.2 per cent fake followers

Total amount of followers: 141,000

Amount of fake followers: 69,386

Having been the subject of senseless online bullying throughout her time in and out of the villa, Coco has been vocal since returning to the UK about the impact this has had on her so I’m actually happy she’s got a high percentage of fake followers as it’s less people to send her hate.

All follower counts correct at time of writing.

• Secret kisses and huge rows: The shocking unaired Love Island 2022 scenes we never saw

• Love Island’s Josh and Billy say producers should have stepped in over bullying

• ‘There were dark days’: Faye reveals how Love Island hate impacted her mental health

Featured images via @indiyahhp, @gemowen_1 and @andrewlepage on Instagram.