Love Island winners theory

Love Island theory of how you can tell who will win the show has been correct SIX times

I’ll be watching like hawk from now on

The Love Island 2022 final saw Ekin-Su and Davide crowned the new champions of the reality dating show and everyone shed a tear when Laura Whitmore read out their names. However, despite some of us being very excited about the news, it wasn’t all that surprising to avid fans of the show who already had a theory about who was going to win based on prior seasons. During last night’s show, the well-known Love Island theory that whoever wins the show is stood on a particular side of the host, often the left side.

Although it was Gemma and Luca on Laura Whitmore’s right this year, this theory has proven correct six times in the past, including last year’s show where Millie and Liam were crowned winners.  The only other year the theory was incorrect was during 2019 when Amber Gill and Greg O’Shea won and were stood on the right of Caroline Flack. Viewers only think Ekin-Su and Davide were on the right side this year because Love Island knows we have clocked on. Next time, let’s keep it to ourselves.

Still not convinced? Here is everytime the winners of Love Island were on the left side of the host before they were crowned the champions:

Millie Court and Liam Reardon

Season seven winners Millie and Liam won the show in 2021 and were stood on Laura Whitmore’s left during the live final, proving the fan theory to be correct.

Paige Turley and Finley Tapp

The winter series of Love Island saw Paige and Finn win the show and yes, they were stood to Laura’s left.

Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham

Skipping the fifth series and going straight to season four, Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham were crowned the winners back in 2018. The two were both stood to the left of Caroline Flack.

Amber Davies and Kem Cetinay

Amber and Kem won season three of Love Island although we all thought Kem and Chris should’ve taken the crown. And surprise surprise, they’re stood on the left of Caroline Flack!

Love Island winners theory

Cara De La Hoyde and Nathan Massey

Throwing it all the way back to the old villa days, in 2016 both Cara and Nathan won the series after becoming fan favourites. When Caroline Flack called out their names, they were both stood to the left of her.

Love Island winners theory

Jess Hayes and Max Morley

Throwing it back to the very start, where it all began. Jess and Max, although not fan favourites to win took the crown and were the first champions of Love Island back in 2015.

Love Island winners theory

Love Island 2022 is available on demand on the ITVHub. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.