‘I stayed true to myself’: Afia spills about who she really fancied in the Love Island villa

Ummm, she thinks Luca and Gemma will win?!

Last night saw Afia Tonkmor’s Love Island journey come to an abrupt end, after she was told to exit the villa immediately after a shock dumping. She became the first Islander to be dumped from the villa this year.

In a catch-up after leaving the show, she has spilled all on what her experience was like, who she clicked with in the villa and who she thinks will go on to win. Here’s what she had to say.

Afia talks Love Island 2022 after her shock dumping and exit from the villa

via ITV

‘I’m going to keep trying to find love’

When asked about her exit from the Love Island villa, Afia said her main feeling is that she will miss everyone she has met, but her hunt for love isn’t over. “Obviously I’m going to miss everyone in the villa but I’m going to keep trying to find love,” she said. “I’m sure Mr Right is out there somewhere.”

She was initially attracted to Dami

Despite being sent on a date with new boy Jacques, Afia has revealed she was actually initially attracted to Dami. She then says she moved to fancying Ikenna a bit more, but got the vibe he was very much happy with Indiyah.

via ITV

She was very close with Indiyah

“I definitely had some nice friendships while I was in the villa for sure,” Afia said. “I was particularly close to Indiyah. We were very similar.” She also said she was “excited” when she walked into the villa, and “really loved walking in with Ekin-Su.” Afia said she will most miss Indiyah and Amber, who she said were constantly cracking jokes in the villa.

‘I can be a bit shy’

When asked what the experience has helped her learn about herself, Afia said: “I’ve learned that I can be a bit shy and it takes me a bit of time to come out of my shell. But I maybe learned to put myself out there a bit more. I did learn a few things.” Would she do anything differently? “I feel like I stayed true to myself so I’d do things the same,” Afia said.

via ITV

So, who does Afia think will go on and win?

When asked who she thinks will go the distance, Afia said Luca and Gemma! She said Amber and Dami also stand a chance, adding: “It’s such early days but those two felt like the most solid couples.”

Afia would definitely recommended Love Island to a friend

Concluding on her time in the villa, Afia said: “The villa was beautiful. When I walked in and saw the view – so beautiful. We walked in at night with all the lights. I can see how you can fall in love there, for sure.” She said she enjoyed the experience, and would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.