From footballers to pop stars: All the Islanders who have famous family members

It’s a regular occurrence in most seasons of the show

Recently it’s seemed as though every Love Island series has focused heavily on the conversation surrounding Islanders in the cast who have a famous family member. Yep, you’ve definitely heard by now that Gemma from 2022 is the daughter of Michael Owen, and in the same year Jack from Casa Amor was a Keating child.

But, Gemma and Jack most definitely aren’t alone. Among previous Islanders there have been pop star siblings, actor fathers, and sports stars in the family. Here is a list of all the cast members who appeared on Love Island and also have famous family members.

Gemma Owen

In 2022, 19-year-old business owner Gemma Owen was part of the original cast. She is the daughter of England football legend, Michael Owen. Her mother is his wife Louise Bonsall and Gemma is the eldest out of the couple’s four children. 42-year-old Micheal has admitted that his daughter signing up to find love on the show is “probably a father’s worst nightmare”. Yikes.

Jack Keating

Gemma isn’t the only 2022 Islander with a famous family member. Casa Amor’s Jack is the son of Boyzone band member and singer, Ronan Keating. Jack is Ronan’s eldest son, who he shares with ex-wife Yvonne Connolly, and Jack has a younger sister called Missy, who was previously rumoured as a Love Island contestant.

Sophie Piper

Sophie Piper was in the winter version of the show in 2020. One of her sisters is Rochelle Humes, originally from The Saturdays and now a very popular TV host. I mean, the pair look almost identical.

Tommy Fury

Tommy Fury found fame on Love Island 2019, leaving with Molly-Mae. He’s a boxer, and comes from an iconic boxing family. His brother is the heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury.

Curtis Pritchard

Dancer Curtis Pritchard is the brother of, also dancer, AJ Pritchard. You probably recognise AJ from previously being one of the professionals on Strictly Come Dancing.

Belle Hassan

Belle Hassan, who was on Love Island 2019, is the daughter of actor Tamer Hassan – who appeared in Game of Throne and The Football Factory.

Dani Dyer

Probably one of the most famous Love Island family members is that of 2018 cast member, Dani Dyer. Her dad is actor Danny Dyer. Since appearing on the show and winning, Dani has started a podcast with her dad.

Claudia Fogarty

Claudia Fogarty from 2023’s dad is Carl Fogarty MBE, who won I’m A Celeb in 2014 and is a former motorcycle racer. When asked how her dad felt about her ahead of going on the show, she said he was “really for it” and wanted her to take the opportunity. “My dad said he was really proud and to take the opportunity to find someone that’s not a dickhead, that’s exactly what he said to me,” she said.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.