From footballers to pop stars: All the Islanders who have famous family members

Gemma Owen definitely isn’t the only one

This season of Love Island has only just started, and already the main focus of conversation has been that one of the new Islander cast has a famous family member. Yep, you’ve definitely heard by now that Gemma is the daughter of Michael Owen.

But, Gemma most definitely isn’t alone. Among previous Islanders there have been pop star siblings, actor fathers, and sports stars in the family. Here is a list of all the cast members who appeared on Love Island and also have famous family members.

Gemma Owen

All the Love Island cast members who have someone famous in their family

via Instagram @themichaelowen

This year, 19-year-old business owner Gemma Owen is part of the original cast. She is the daughter of England football legend, Michael Owen. Her mother is his wife Louise Bonsall and Gemma is the eldest out of the couple’s four children. 42-year-old Micheal has admitted that his daughter signing up to find love on the show is “probably a father’s worst nightmare”. Yikes.

Sophie Piper

via Instagram @sophpiper_

Sophie Piper was in the winter version of the show in 2020. One of her sisters is Rochelle Humes, originally from The Saturdays and now a very popular TV host. I mean, the pair look almost identical.

Tommy Fury

via Instagram @tommyfury

Tommy Fury found fame on Love Island 2019, leaving with Molly-Mae. He’s a boxer, and comes from an iconic boxing family. His brother is the heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury.

Curtis Pritchard

via Instagram @curtispritchard12

Dancer Curtis Pritchard is the brother of, also dancer, AJ Pritchard. You probably recognise AJ from previously being one of the professionals on Strictly Come Dancing.

Belle Hassan

via Instagram @realtamerhassan

Belle Hassan, who was on Love Island 2019, is the daughter of actor Tamer Hassan – who appeared in Game of Throne and The Football Factory.

Dani Dyer

via Instagram @danidyerxx

Probably one of the most famous Love Island family members is that of 2018 cast member, Dani Dyer. Her dad is actor Danny Dyer. Since appearing on the show and winning, Dani has started a podcast with her dad.

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.