This is how old the cast of Stranger Things are compared to their characters

Noah Schnapp was 11 when he was first on the show!

It has been absolutely ages since Stranger Things was last on our screens. Just under three years, in case you’re wondering exactly. So, come season four and the cast have changed a fair bit. They’ve all grown up, and so have their characters.

The main cast members were as young as 11 when they first started filming for the Netflix show, so have literally grown up alongside us watching them. Here is how old the cast members of Stranger Things on Netflix are, compared to the ages of the characters they play in season four of the show.

Millie Bobby Brown – Eleven

Age: 18

How old the cast of Stranger Things on Netflix are in real life compared to ages of their characters in season four and one

via Netflix

Millie Bobby Brown is currently playing a 15-year-old Eleven, when she is 18 in real life. When the show first started, Millie was just 12-years-old.

Finn Wolfhard – Mike Wheeler

Age: 19

via Netflix

At the time of Stranger Things 4, Finn is 19 in real life, compared to his character’s age of 15-years-old. When he was first cast in the show, Finn was 13.

Noah Schnapp – Will Byers

Age: 17

via Netflix

Will is heading to high school in season four, aged 15. Noah is the youngest in the main gang of Stranger Things, he’s 17 now and was just 11 when he first starred in the show.

Caleb McLaughlin – Lucas Sinclair

Age: 20

via Netflix

The ages of the main characters are all quite similar, so like the others in the gang, Lucas is 15 in season four of Stranger Things. Caleb is equal eldest out of the main gang, 20 in real life, meaning he has a five year age gap with his character. Caleb was 14 when he first starred in the show.

Gaten Matarazzo – Dustin Henderson

Age: 19

via Netflix

Dustin is 15 in season four, whilst Gaten Matarazzo is currently 19. In season one, Gaten was 14 in real life.

Sadie Sink – Max Mayfield

Age: 20

via Netflix

Sadie Sink is also 20, but her character Max is slightly older than her friends. Now in season four, Max is 16.

Joe Keery – Steve Harrington

Age: 30

via Netflix

In season four of the show, Steve is now 19-years-old. Joe Keery, who plays him, is the eldest of the younger Stranger Things cast members, currently aged 30. There’s an 11 year age gap between him and his on-screen character.

Maya Hawke – Robin Buckley

Age: 23

via Netflix

Robin’s exact age in the show isn’t know, but she is assumed to be the same age as Steve – so 19 in season four. Maya Hawke, who plays her, is 23.

Natalia Dyer – Nancy Wheeler

Age: 27

via Netflix

In season four, Nancy is meant to be 18. Natalia Dyer is a fair bit older than her character, aged 27 in real life, meaning they have a nine year age gap.

Charlie Heaton – Jonathan Byers

Age: 28

via Netflix

Jonathan Byers is currently 18-years-old on the show, which makes him 10 years younger than Charlie Heaton, who plays him.

Priah Ferguson – Erica Sinclair

Age: 15

via Netflix

Priah Ferguson is the youngest member of the cast and also the youngest main character on the show. She plays Erica who, in season four of Stranger Things, is 11. In real life, Priah is 15.

Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.