Everything the cast of Derry Girls have said about the show since it ended

I am violently sobbing rn

Derry Girls came to an end week and us viewers aren’t the only ones who have been reminiscing. The cast have been sharing their thoughts and feelings on the end of an era and quite frankly, it’s all a bit emotional. So while you reflect back on the best three seasons of your life, here’s what the cast of Derry Girls have said about what the show means to them.

‘This show means the world to me’

Saoirse-Monica Jackson posted a selection of photos with Lisa McGee. The caption says: “I wanted to thank our Lisa McGee for this beautiful series. Derry Girls was a huge break for me and working with Lisa has changed my life and will always continue to inform my creative decisions for the rest of my career, a privilege to say the least. When I was cast as Erin I was beyond excited and that was down to the confidence that Lisa had instilled in me from the auditions. Lisa was always keen to push Erin further with me. Lisa gave me the scope in her writing and direction and amazing references from her favourite films and series, to push the physicality and energy out of Erin every season. It’s safe to say a role like Erin certainly doesn’t come every day for an actor and it’s something I will always be grateful for. This show means the world to me, thank for for every beautifully crafted work and thank you for giving my hometown it’s truest voice.”

via @saoirsemonicajackson on Instagram

‘I will miss them forever’

Louisa Harland played Orla McCool and said it was an “honour” and she will “miss then forever”. I love them both so much.

via @louisadodgeharland on Instagram

‘Such a pleasure to play the wee English fella’

Dylan Llewlyn played the wee English fella James and posted possibly the nicest photo I have ever seen. It’s a picture of himself and Ian (Granda Joe) who’s giving him a huge hug. Dylan captioned his post with: “Goodbye hugs all round. Going to miss you all! Such a pleasure to play the wee English fella! I want to say a huge thankyou to Lisa McGee for casting me, it was such an honour to perform this amazing character and this beautiful show. Huge thank you to the cast and crew too. You all are amazing and I’m going to miss you lots!” Sorry, we’re just violently sobbing.

via @djllewellyn on Instagram

‘Derry Girls has changed my life’

Nicola Coughlan posted a picture of her final scene as Clare Devlin and a photo she took after her final audition for the role five years ago. In the caption for the post she says: “It’s impossible to put into words what Derry Girls has meant to me and how much it’s changed my life so I won’t even try. Thank you all so much to you all, what an honour it’s been.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Nicola Coughlan (@nicolacoughlan)

‘Derry Girls is such an iconic show about my home town’

Jamie-Lee O’Donnell who plays Michelle made a wholesome post with a caption saying: “Thank you so much to everyone who watched and supported Derry Girls. It really means the world to me. And thanks to all the incredible cast and crew I had the pleasure of working with on such an iconic show about my home town of Derry. I’ve never been more proud.”

via @jamie.lee.od on Instagram