Heartstopper filming locations

Here are all of the real life filming locations from Heartstopper

Yes, Truham Grammar School is a real place

As well as an iconic cast, Heartstopper also features some iconic filming locations. Whilst the filming was predominantly centered around Herne Bay in Kent, some of the locations can be found all over the UK. From that adorable beach scene to the bowling alley, here are the real-life filming locations from Heartstopper.

Herne Bay Highschool

Heartstopper filming locations

Via Netflix

Whilst Truham Grammar School sadly isn’t a real school, the location used to film it certainly is a real one. Herne Bay Highschool was used for the interior and exterior shots of the school, and filming took place from April through to June of 2021. Uni students can totally go back and enrol in secondary school again right?

Hollywood Bowl

Via Netflix

Let’s be honest here, Heartstopper knew exactly where we were all having our 15th birthday parties. We’ve all been to a Hollywood Bowl at some point in our lives, and the one used for filming can be found in High Wycombe. Now I have a massive craving for a blue raspberry slushy and seeing the surreal strike animations.

North Weald railway station

Via Netflix

Used as the railway station they go to the beach from, this ridiculously pretty railway station is in North Weald. From the hanging basket of flowers, the green benches, and cute brickwork this station fits right into the theme of everything in this show being adorable.

E-Act Burnham Park Academy

Heartstopper filming locations

Via Netflix

The rugby pitch is a heavily featured aspect of the show, and despite appearing to be on the grounds of the school it was filmed in a completely different location. The pitch can be found at the now derelict E-Act Burnham Park Academy, which shut down in 2019 due to dwindling pupil numbers.

River Thames

Via Netflix

After the iconic milkshake scene, Charlie and his friends walk along a river before arriving at their concert. If the river seems recognizable to you that’s not surprising as it’s one of the most known rivers in the UK. The river in question is the Thames, and the section filmed was located in Windsor, Berkshire.

Herne Bay beach

Heartstopper filming locations

Via Netflix

This emotional beach scene was filmed on location at the beachfront found in Herne Bay. It’s a quintessential British seaside, complete with a shingle beach and cute, colourful beach huts. Other films such as Two Weeks to Live, Kate & Koji, and Whitstable Pearl were filmed in Herne Bay.

Heartstopper is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like the Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.